Orange NH ????

/ Orange NH ???? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Drove past the local rental place today and saw an Orange CUT with black letering "New Holland", whats up with that ? Didn't know there was such an animal.

/ Orange NH ????
Could it have been one that was previously used for highway maintenance?? Sometimes fleet purchases require specific colors for vehicles.

/ Orange NH ???? #3  
Actually, I saw a brand new New Holland in "Virginia Dept of Transporation"-orange last week near Bealeton,VA. Almost all the VDOT vehicles are this color.
Mark

/ Orange NH ???? #4  
In NJ, DOT paints EVERYTHING slime green, you know the kind that glows in the dark, Ford, JD, Case, CAT you name it any color, as long as it is SLIME GREEN, guess they say you can see it better... NOT!

I think NY DOT paints everything Orange. So it could be one of those used machines with a million hours on them, or a new unit ready to go out, hard to say.

Hey just thought of a new Post, what does your state paint it's highway equipment???

Tom

/ Orange NH ????
I saw an orange New Holland backhoe beside the RR tracks a couple times here near Pittsburgh...wondered about it each time...guess I have an idea why now!

Bill in Pgh, PA...USA

/ Orange NH ????
VA DOT better watch out, I understand Kubota is suing Kioti over ( among other things) Kioti's orange paint :)

/ Orange NH ???? #7  
Some time ago we heard about a CUT that was stolen, moved a few miles and painted to disguise it. I think it was a Deere or NH and got painted Kubota orange so people would not check it out thinking it was a Kubota. They recovered it and I don't know what happened to it, but the guy didn't seem too happy that his new tractor had a fresh coat of off brand paint.

/ Orange NH ???? #8  
Some Railroad companies paints all their equipment orange.

/ Orange NH ???? #9  
It is not uncommon for Tractor companies to paint tractors a different color. If a company or locality is buying a fleet of tractors they can have them painted whatever color they want.