New tool arrives

/ New tool arrives
ductape
yes I did drive to up NH to get. saves on shipping and the t word

/ New tool arrives #12  
Let us know your report on how you like it after you fire it up. I would love to have one.

/ New tool arrives
Hi all,
I went thru the chipper yesterday, everything was tight, but belt alignment was out slightly. miner adjustment. Fired it up. ran real smooth. ran a couple of 31/2'' by 8 feet long pieces of seasoned wood, just dropped it in the hopper. chipped it up with not trouble. gave me a nice sized chip. I had the tractor running at 3000 rpms. didn't slow down. I am looking forward to when I can get to the piles I have. to chip them up. I will keep you posted and picture of course.

Brian

/ New tool arrives
I got to play, excuse me, work with the DR chipper yesterday. Very please with its performance. put a varity of material through it. the thickes being 4 inches. handle it with no problems.my bx 2360 as well. had the rpm's set at 3000. no noticeable slow down of tractor or chipper handling the large piece or multiply pieces going through. No its not a chipper that can handle and 8, 10, 12 inch log with auto feeders on it. it will do what I want it to do.

Here is the pile of chips created in about an hour, first picture

What it won't do is allow branches with a large Y in them that won't bend or break easily. so I just have to cut things like that up, picture of an example.

The last three pictures are of my son feeding a 25 foot piece of birch, starting at over 2 inches. we cut down early last fall. I was taking pictures as fast as the camera would allow. so it will give you some sense, of how fast it processed the material

Attachments

• DSCN1095.jpg
    DSCN1095.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
  • DSCN1097.jpg
    DSCN1097.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
  • DSCN1092.jpg
    DSCN1092.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • DSCN1093.jpg
    DSCN1093.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 128
  • DSCN1094.jpg
    DSCN1094.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
   / New tool arrives #15  
it will do what I want it to do...

That's about all that matters, isn't it?

None of the chippers will take those "Y" shaped branches unless the offshoots are really springy.

/ New tool arrives #16  
When we have a Y, I just cut off the long pieces and then burn the Y's them...

/ New tool arrives #17  
Hi all,
I went thru the chipper yesterday, everything was tight, but belt alignment was out slightly. miner adjustment. Fired it up. ran real smooth. ran a couple of 31/2'' by 8 feet long pieces of seasoned wood, just dropped it in the hopper. chipped it up with not trouble. gave me a nice sized chip. I had the tractor running at 3000 rpms. didn't slow down. I am looking forward to when I can get to the piles I have. to chip them up. I will keep you posted and picture of course.

Brian

I am curious, I have a large chipper but have not used it recently. My question is about the dryness of the wood. My chipper book said to run green wood through on a regular basis when chipping dry material to keep the chipping blades lubricated (I think that was the reason, been awhile). When I run dry stuff, chopped down more than a month or two in warm weather, you can feel and hear the vibrations of the chipping action. Does your chipper handle the wet and dry about the same or did your booklet recommend anything in this regard?

/ New tool arrives
most chippers recommend chipping green wood its softer, dyer wood will dull the knive blades faster. I have used a number of different chippers from large commercal units capable of chipping 10 inch diameter logs. to rental units. to is one. if your are chipping a lot of green pine it tends to gum things up a bit, but running some dyer wood through cleans it up pretty good. as far as lubericating, I think its more of a cleaning process of cleaning off the sap and pitch from the green wood.