Oil & Fuel Bad fuel in B7300

/ Bad fuel in B7300 #1  

Anonymous Poster

This afternoon I decided to blow some leaves off the front lawn. I noticed fuel was low, so dumped about 1.5 gallons from a new plastic 5 gallon can an began to work. About 10 minutes into the project, the 7300 started to struggle. White smoke and no power. Shut down and started to read. Seems like water in fuel. Any opinions? What should I do next? Drain filter bowl? Drain tank? How do I drain tank?-Thanks and Merry Christmas

/ Bad fuel in B7300 #2  
cajunbill, I think on the 7300 all you have to do is remove the fuel filter and either wash it and the filter bowl in kerosene or clean diesel, and then you can drain the tank by either opening the valve and letting it run through the filter housing while the filter and bowl are off, or you can take the line loose from the filter housing and drain the fuel tank that way. When you put the clean filter (or a new filter) on and refill the tank with clean fuel, you may have to bleed the injectors one at a time by unscrewing the line at the injector, activate the starter just until fuel without air bubbles comes out. Now at least that's the way I did it on my B7100 when I got a tank of fuel that about 20% water./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif And it only took a couple of seconds at each injector. I believe your operator's manual will describe the procedure in detail.

/ Bad fuel in B7300 #3  
Once again the Wizard give you the best of advice. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Bad fuel in B7300
Thanks Bird-We recently moved (4 weeks) from the foothills of the mountains in western PA near Latobe (home of Rolling Rock Beer) to Geismar, Louisiana. My 7300 was always housed in PA, and I am in the process of constructing shelter here in Louisiana. We dealt with all sorts of weather in PA, and our house (that has not sold) in PA is covered with snow and ice this wonderful Christmas day. But here in the Acadian River Parishes of Louisiana it can rain. "WOW"! There is my problem we have had almost 3 inches the past 24 hours, I am sure "We got water in the fuel". Will start dewatering process as you suggest in AM. Merry Christmas, and may all your drives in 2003 be in the fairway. And if I get a chance, I will send you a copy of my new book, "That Ever So Critical Fourth Putt"!!-Cajunbill

/ Bad fuel in B7300 #5  
<font color=blue>may all your drives in 2003 be in the fairway</font color=blue>

I did get a new golf bag for Christmas./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

<font color=blue>my new book, "That Ever So Critical Fourth Putt"!!</font color=blue>

I've always heard that the easiest shot in golf is the fourth putt./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Bad fuel in B7300
Bought three new fuel filters (just in case), drained the fuel into a bucket, added about a quart of kero, about 4 0z of fuel conditioner, and a gallon of new fuel. She struggled for about 30 seconds and began running like a swiss watch. When I poured the drained fuel into an old can, there was this stickey stuff on the bottom of the bucket with what appeared to be water droplets clinging to it. Strange, but problem solved.