FEL Level Indicator Rod

/ FEL Level Indicator Rod #1  

scsims

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5525
I just got my new FEL, and I was wondering how to use the level indicator rod.

I did a search but didn't find anything.

/ FEL Level Indicator Rod #2  
I set my indicator rod to indicate where flat level is set. your rod tip so that it just peeks out the top, to indicate level, when using your loader you can scrape the surface you are loading out of. as in a mound of dirt, you are wishing to clear, without diging holes all over, set your indicator level sitting on the ground and drive forward into the mound load up your bucket lift it and move it, repete as needed untill your mound is clear.
It's just to tell the angle of the bucket.
hope this helps
david

/ FEL Level Indicator Rod #3  
I just got my new FEL, and I was wondering how to use the level indicator rod.

I did a search but didn't find anything.

There are at least two types of level rods. One is a rod in a tube. I paint the rod black then sit the bucket so it is level. Mark the rod where it emerges from the tube and paint a one inch wide stripe around the rod. Your choice of color. Mine is yellow. There are many variations.

The other type is a rod that goes through a bracket on the FEL. The rod has a bend (a "V" protrusion) in it and is adjustable. I set the point of the V to be at level.

The other choice is not a rod but a piece of plate welded to the bucket to be level, and seen from the operator's seat, when the bottom of the bucket is level. The plate and the base of the bucket are parallel.

/ FEL Level Indicator Rod #4  
Mine has the rod in the tube and when the bucket was on a level surface I just drew a ring around the rod right above the tube with a sharpe marker. Works great!

/ FEL Level Indicator Rod #5  
I usually tear mine off before long, but they can be handy, we have the v type on one tractor and straight rod on two as well as flat tab on one.