Tractor
    Mahindra 5525

Default FEL Level Indicator Rod

I just got my new FEL, and I was wondering how to use the level indicator rod.

I did a search but didn't find anything.
    Mahindra 5525 ML252 FEL, 6' Rotary Cutter, 7ft MF Sickle Mower, Cub Commercial M48 Tank.

Tractor
    MF 1643

Default Re: FEL Level Indicator Rod

I set my indicator rod to indicate where flat level is set. your rod tip so that it just peeks out the top, to indicate level, when using your loader you can scrape the surface you are loading out of. as in a mound of dirt, you are wishing to clear, without diging holes all over, set your indicator level sitting on the ground and drive forward into the mound load up your bucket lift it and move it, repete as needed untill your mound is clear.
    It's just to tell the angle of the bucket.
    hope this helps
    david

Quote Originally Posted by scsims View Post
    I just got my new FEL, and I was wondering how to use the level indicator rod.

I did a search but didn't find anything.

There are at least two types of level rods. One is a rod in a tube. I paint the rod black then sit the bucket so it is level. Mark the rod where it emerges from the tube and paint a one inch wide stripe around the rod. Your choice of color. Mine is yellow. There are many variations.

The other type is a rod that goes through a bracket on the FEL. The rod has a bend (a "V" protrusion) in it and is adjustable. I set the point of the V to be at level.

The other choice is not a rod but a piece of plate welded to the bucket to be level, and seen from the operator's seat, when the bottom of the bucket is level. The plate and the base of the bucket are parallel.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Tractor
    Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags

Mine has the rod in the tube and when the bucket was on a level surface I just drew a ring around the rod right above the tube with a sharpe marker. Works great!
    Kubota grand L 3130; 723 loader; Hinged back Box Scraper; 7' HD Back Blade; Tooth Bar; PHD w/ 9 & 12 Inch Auger; PEC; Carryall

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I usually tear mine off before long, but they can be handy, we have the v type on one tractor and straight rod on two as well as flat tab on one.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html