Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both?

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both? #1  

Not Retired Yet

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti ck27hst
For those that have hydraulic links on smaller size tractors (ck20s, ct122, etc), do you use the hydraulic tilt much? I'm checking options and want a hydraulic top link at least.

I need to cut atv and walking paths with a box blade. Is hydraulic tilt very handy on uneven ground? If so, where would I find a kit or something for a ck20s or ck27? (I posted this in the Kioti Owning/Operating forum but thought I try a larger audience.)
Thanks!

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both? #2  
For those that have hydraulic links on smaller size tractors (ck20s, ct122, etc), do you use the hydraulic tilt much? I'm checking options and want a hydraulic top link at least.

I need to cut atv and walking paths with a box blade. Is hydraulic tilt very handy on uneven ground? If so, where would I find a kit or something for a ck20s or ck27? (I posted this in the Kioti Owning/Operating forum but thought I try a larger audience.)
Thanks!

The tilt is definitely less useful than the top link on a BB. But what you can do with it is tilt the blade extremely and use it to cut a ditch along a road or path. Of course, you could also do that with a turnbuckle but it's a heck of alot easier with the TnT.

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both? #3  
People feel differently about this. When I bought my 32hp tractor, it had 1 remote.The first thing I did was to put a tilt cylinder on the 3pt. For me it was more important to be able to tilt the box side to side vs front to back. I did add 2 aftermarket remotes later for my top and tilt system and have the factory remote for angling my landscape rake.

If you are going to do this, you will be best off doing both "TnT" hydraulics IMO.

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both? #4  
As MtnViewRanch says, you are going to get different opinions. I have used TnT and while it was nice, I did not put it on any of my tractors and really haven't missed it. I do have hydraulic top link which I find invaluable with a box blade. Now if they were free...

Try to operate one to get a good idea.

I believe you can get everything you need from CCM.

Good luck.

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both? #5  
As pointed out, a tilt cylinder can be just as useful (or more) than a top link depending on what you're working...

Personally...what made up my mind was every time I had to stop and get off the tractor to make an adjustment...it gets old...

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both?
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your input. I've got several acres of uneven ground that hasn't been kept up in decades. What I would like to do is cut paths for fencing, ATV, and/or walking. Right now it's just a bunch of scrub brush, briars, etc. I can see a lot of box blade work to be done. This is why I was asking about top AND tilt or what. (I do need to cut some rain runoff paths too so I can try and get some areas to dry out a little.)

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both? #7  
If I was doing that, I would give serious consideration to one too.

Here is a good link if you haven't seen it.

How to use a box blade

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both? #8  
Depending what tractor you get, a Bobcat SK Tilt Tatch for the loader might be just the ticket.
larry

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both?
Thanks! That might have been the video that convinced me to add hydraulics on the back end to the list of must haves! (Everything Attachments does have some good how-to videos).

That tilt tatch looks like it would be handy too but I can't afford that size of tractor! (The frame might be a little on the large size for what I want to do.)

/ Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both? #10  
If you decide to go with a CK27, I would very seriously consider one of these rear blades or some other brand of equal weight-duty rating. A rear blade works great for cutting new roads-paths since everything rolls off the end, you do not have all the maneuvering around that you do with a box blade to get it emptied out. And you will find that a tilt cylinder is more advantageous with a rear blade.

Just another :2cents: worth of advice to think about.