Slopes and tractor tilt

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #21  
You might be in trouble if:

Your rear tire on the uphill side starts spinning.

You turn your front wheels uphill but the tractor keeps going straight.

You raise the implment on a side hill and both tires on the uphill side raise off the ground.

You go up the hill with an implement raised and you see your front tires quit turning.

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #22  
You might be in trouble if:

Your rear tire on the uphill side starts spinning.

You turn your front wheels uphill but the tractor keeps going straight.

You raise the implement on a side hill and both tires on the uphill side raise off the ground.

You go up the hill with an implement raised and you see your front tires quit turning.

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #23  
90 angle is 100 percent slope to convert an angle to slope divide by 90.

I don't think you're correct here - I think a 90 deg. angle is an infinite percent slope, and 45 degrees is 100%.

JayC

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #24  
When you realize that the only thing holding you onto the seat is pure butt pucker, then it's a bit too steep.

Don't forget that what you do makes a huge difference too. A stable side slope with the FEL bucket down can flip you with the bucket up. If you do "everything right" on a slope that is steep, but still safe, but have the bad luck of hitting a rock or stump with the high side tire you can still flip. Or if you watch for stumps on the high side and hit a hole on the low side, you can flip.

There are more ways to get FUBAR'ed than you can imagine. That's why farming is such a dangerous activity.

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #25  
I would not fill my bucket with dirt going across a slope. The dirt will tend to slide to the down hill side. Filling the FEL will help going up a hill. I will stick to my math on slope. 90 angle is 100 percent slope to convert an angle to slope divide by 90. There are online angle to slope calculators you can google.
Wrong. If on line calcs say this they are negligent. Slope is Rise over Run. Also, the worst thing about overhanging front weight is that it un weights the rears. Real easy to tip then.
larry

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #26  
Wrong. If on line calcs say this they are negligent. Slope is Rise over Run. Also, the worst thing about overhanging front weight is that it un weights the rears. Real easy to tip then.
larry

I don't know what a negligent slope means but percent slope is 100*(rise over run). For 45 degs, rise = run and the slope is 100%. For 90 deg, the run = 0 no matter how much rise so the % slope is infinite. (i.e. rise/0=infinity).

As Chevy Chase used to say, "I was led to believe there'd be no math involved":)

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #27  
I don't know what a negligent slope means but percent slope is 100*(rise over run). For 45 degs, rise = run and the slope is 100%. For 90 deg, the run = 0 no matter how much rise so the % slope is infinite. (i.e. rise/0=infinity).

As Chevy Chase used to say, "I was led to believe there'd be no math involved":)
Ok. We agree about slope. I said nothing about negligent slope as I cant imagine what that would be. Negligence in an online calculator would be it giving false info. I was referring to a quote that hinted that online calcs said % slope was degrees divided by 90 times 100. That would make 45 a 50% slope -- false.
larry

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #28  
hhhmmmsss instead of the math. can someone show me a diagram?

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #29  
Ok. We agree about slope. I said nothing about negligent slope as I cant imagine what that would be. Negligence in an online calculator would be it giving false info. I was referring to a quote that hinted that online calcs said % slope was degrees divided by 90 times 100. That would make 45 a 50% slope -- false.
larry

Sorry. I was trying to be funny. Note to self - no posts before coffee. We agree the quote is bogus, I was just trying to show why.