Seized Lower Hitch Point

/ Seized Lower Hitch Point
UPDATE:

I tried the PB blaster and worked it hard...It may have helped a little, but it's not right...:(

/ Seized Lower Hitch Point #43  
try your best to remove the paint from the ball. It will work much better. :thumbsup:

/ Seized Lower Hitch Point #45  
try your best to remove the paint from the ball. It will work much better. :thumbsup:

If you've seen CTF's video, it didn't look like there was any paint (that I could see) on the ball. It has been a week or three since I saw that video though.

Three things I suggest:
1) Just keep working the ball until it does loosen up
2) Although a bit stiff, it does roll in all directions. Just keeping rigging it to implement (use a dowel or something as a lever) and eventually, it will wear in and loosen up.
3) Keep using Fluid Film (or equivalent).

If you've seen CTF's video, it didn't look like there was any paint (that I could see) on the ball. It has been a week or three since I saw that video though.

Three things I suggest:
1) Just keep working the ball until it does loosen up
2) Although a bit stiff, it does roll in all directions. Just keeping rigging it to implement (use a dowel or something as a lever) and eventually, it will wear in and loosen up.
3) Keep using Fluid Film (or equivalent).

Thanks for all the help Roy. I think there may be some paint, so I'll have to check that...:thumbsup:

/ Seized Lower Hitch Point #47  
Just use it. Wear is your friend in this. Fretting seldom is.
larry

/ Seized Lower Hitch Point #48  
Man, that thing sure is being a bgger ain't it.?? Gosh darn it.!!

Seems to me that there would be no harm by putting a pipe in there and putting some muscle in it. If it wouldn't budge then I would put an extension onto the pipe for more leverage. Any harm in that.??...Hang onto your nose when it gives way.!!:D

I'm trying to think...What is causing that to be jammed.?? Is it a burr or could it be a single piece of dirt.?? Metal on metal...stubborn.

I can imagine it could hinder getting an attachment on. I think you need to bust it loose then try to polish it with emery cloth and keep it lubed.

That tractor isn't that old, is it.?? I might run it by the dealer and I couldn't bust it free.

Man, that thing sure is being a bgger ain't it.?? Gosh darn it.!!

Seems to me that there would be no harm by putting a pipe in there and putting some muscle in it. If it wouldn't budge then I would put an extension onto the pipe for more leverage. Any harm in that.??...Hang onto your nose when it gives way.!!:D

I'm trying to think...What is causing that to be jammed.?? Is it a burr or could it be a single piece of dirt.?? Metal on metal...stubborn.

I can imagine it could hinder getting an attachment on. I think you need to bust it loose then try to polish it with emery cloth and keep it lubed.

That tractor isn't that old, is it.?? I might run it by the dealer and I couldn't bust it free.

In case you did not see the video (I think I took it down), it will roll around if you get some leverage (it is not totally seized). That's a good point about the dealer...He is coming shortly to pick up the BX25 to install some parts. Maybe they could look it it...Oh, and the tractor is of September 2010 vintage. :thumbsup: