What's ailing my bota 4610"

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #11  
Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610

I had my tractor stuck in the worst place last summer and I have a buddy who has an excavating business and brought his 4wd JD back hoe over and pulled me out,he charged me the moving fee only and got me out,sometimes you have no choice.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #12  

I don't know anything about your particular tractor but if it is 4 wheel drive did you check the lever to see if it is between 2 and 4 wheel drive?

/ What's ailing my bota 4610"

no luck so far.

4wd lever is where it's suppose to be. nothing was touched. I've checked it.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #14  

Did you try it in 2 wheel?

/ What's ailing my bota 4610"

sure did..tried in two wheel...differential off, then on...low...med.....throttle in..throttle out...unattached from load.....everything....checked underneath....pressed down on hyrdo pedal while watching underneath....done all i could think of
doesn't move

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #16  

I can't add anything to this thread except that it must be broke.
I guess you will have to tow it out of there. Maybe a lot of cable and a winch. Just be careful.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #17  

I've been following the fix you're in with a lot of empathy, since I also have a 4610 with about 85 hours and have similar trails and hills, so I could easily be in your shoes.

Only one additional idea comes to mind based on something that happened to me last summer, where I went over some brush just the wrong way and got a small sapling wedged in the hydro pedal linkage right under the deck. Tractor was immobile just like you describe until the stick was removed.

Looking at the trail in the photo you posted, there does seem to be a lot of small brush that could do the same thing. Is it possible that a stick got hung up down there somewhere?

Particularly with your tractor on a grade, please be careful about getting down under to find something like this. Hopefully you have a log or something to keep it from rolling.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #18  

SmokyMtnMan, I've already mentioned that I'm out of my league here. But at this point, I think it would be reasonable to expect a service-oriented dealer to send a mechanic out to slogg into the swamp-like tractor prison with you for a diagnosis. I believe that the customer should always do his part to act responsibly first and eliminate the "dumb" stuff second, if there is such a thing. Once that's done, I'd remind my dealer of the relationship formed in the transaction. I'd almost bet he'll help out if the call is a placed in the spirit of a request for help. Unless you have a massive failure on your hands, the mechanic should be able to get your tractor rolling. I suppose it might cost you a few hours of the mechanics time. If it is a massive failure, the machine's pitfall put you in the predicament in the first place. You certainly shouln't feel any remorse for asking for a little help from your "dealer/partner."

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #19  

<font color=blue>...was halfway up the hill when it just stopped going forward...</font color=blue>

I agree with Grandad and Bigpete… I’ll bet two dollars to donuts it’s a linkage problem that you’re not seeing… (one moment it's working... and the next it's not... no telltale signs of catastrophic failure... you can fix this! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif)

With the unit secure so it won’t roll… get on your back and crawl up under that baby and study the situation… get an up-close and personal good look at it… you’ll probably amaze yourself… /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

As time goes on… you’ll appreciate and learn first hand what underbrush can do… /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

As a last resort… the clock is ticking away… get the dealer down there… he’ll have it fixed in 5 minutes and you’ll spit… /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #20  

Take a good light and a mechanics mirror when you go crawl around the underside. Also take someone else with you to push and pull on control levers.

Egon