What's ailing my bota 4610"

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #231  
Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610\"

Don't think there's anything published in the owner manuals besides the general guidelines about safe operation of any tractor on slopes. No doubt there's some engineer over in Japan who knows exactly what the answer is.

I've been on some moderate slopes (can't guess what % they are, but they are steep enough I would never take a 2wd tractor up or down them), and had no problem with my HST. Just from those seat of the pants experiences, it seems whatever the limit for a normally filled HST tranny, it involves a slope I don't want to be driving on just for safety reasons.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #232  

he's just like the little train. I think I can, I think I can. Now the question is what are we going to do for fun. ??????? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #233  

have to agree grandad: if the hst was filled corectly and the slope was that great that it affected the operation, don't think u should be on it.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #234  

SMM,
Glad to see you got your bota home. How much fluid did you end up adding? Is it your guess at this point that you were low on the hydro fluid from hooking up the splitter? Sure is something I'll have to keep an eye on if thats the case. If that is not the case and we have to be more aware of what degree of slope our hills are so that the hydrostat doesn't fail, thats a major drawback for hydros. I've already had my bota on all my hills at one time or another and no problems at all.
The super soaker idea is awesome! Just the ticket for your situation. Now, I hope I can remember it if I end up needing to add fluid but cannot pour it in.
Spring is finally Here!
happy tractoring!
Moon of Ohio