Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Tractor
    Kubota L-4610 Cab

Default Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610

I agree 100%, BigPete...except for the fact that my Dealer who sold me the tractor is Carver Equip. in Dunn, NC which is about 5 hours away from me. The Asheville, NC and area dealers here won't hardly speak to me. They act like it's an aggravation to them if i even go in to order a part or ask a question. I knew better than to trade so far away but local dealer tried to sell me what I didn't want and price was a lot higher. Trade-off i guess.
    anyway, I've watched some of you guys for months now and I've come to respect a lot of you. And since I am so isolated here and don't have any help. I've got to go get a learning experience here. I can't really tell much about the clutch but I can revisit the hydro linkage part. Not sure what to do about the range shifter though.
    will let you know

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

E-mail Carver. Tell them everything. I mean everything. What you were doing, where it is at, what you have looked at, what you have tried, etc. Don't leave anything out. They might be able to get you going again.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    5300 JD 4X4

Could it be possible that the hill is so steep that the pick up in the trans is getting out of the oil, thereby starving the system?
    I had that problem with my jd, only I would lose function when It was pointed downhill. The strainer was in the rear and the oil would run to the front.
    You might overfil it a bit to see if that would help. Other than that I don't have a clue, I haven't any experience with a hydrostat.

DFB
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s

SmokyMtnMan,

Having a lack of hydro power so soon after hooking up that 3point log splitter makes me first suspect low fluid too rather than something like an internal problem such a sheared key in the HST charge pump. So far you seem to have ruled out any linkage and/or gear engagement problems.

I know your tractor and mine are entirely on opposite ends of the spectrum but they're both HST. The deere doesn't have a clutch though. If your system operates somewhat similar to mine a clogged transmission filter can create an oil flow problem too. Sump oil is filtered before it reaches the charge pump. Maybe some crud got introduced into the system recently with the addition of the new hydraulic components. Did you use any teflon tape?

Another possibility could also be a stuck open relief valve. You should be able to hear that. Make sure all your hydraulic control valve levers are fully returned to their centered neutral position.

Got some questions for you to answer if you don't mind. Did you check/replenish the HST oil after filling the log splitter's valve, cylinder and hoses? What was the size of the cylinder used on the splitter. What's the capacity of the 4610's sump. In one of your posts you mention adding a "little" fluid. How much was that anyway? I needed to add an extra gallon to my system for a 3.5"x 24" cylinder plus hoses for my dump trailer.

DFB

Tractor
    JD 790 Satoh Beaver

Default Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610\"

Make sure all of the hydro couplings are poped together that could cause what is going on.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)

This question is for everybody. Are there any special precautions that one should take before they tow a tractor with hydrostatic drive?

<font color=blue>any special precautions that one should take before they tow a tractor with hydrostatic drive?</font color=blue>

You mean besides making sure the range selector is in neutral, preferably in 2WD instead of 4WD, park brake off, and go slow?[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)

Thanks Bird, I guess it sounds like common sense but I just wanted to be sure. I hope I never have to tow my TC33D but at least now I will know what to do.

Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

I lost track of what was happening....
    But you know, when I go through stuff like this in life, I walk away from it for a couple of days. Try to forget about it. Then
    approach the problem anew. Sometimes time will cure the obvious.

I hope and wish that you get it going again.
    -Mike Z.

Tractor
    Satoh S650G, MF135, MF165, JD5205

Hi Don,

It's been a week... I just know you gots to be running now... (your poor baby has been sleeping in the woods cold and alone all this time [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img])

Right...? [img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast