What's ailing my bota 4610"

/ What's ailing my bota 4610"
Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610

yes, it sure has been...and rolled back about 3 feet across the towing chain attached to the Kawasaki Mule it was pulling and got it so tight I can't even get the Mule out now.
I measured off distance from top of hill where another tractor, dozer or whatever would have to be to pull it out......looks like about 180 '
debating about what to do
all i know is it starts, runs, hydrualic lift works, front end loader works, nothing jammed underneath, not in neutral, linkage loooks ok under hydro pedal...but it won't move

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #32  

If you have a laoder you can creep it forward using the bucket curl at least enough to unhitch your mule. Then you may see if it will run backwards or let you get to some level ground if thats part of the problem. Have my fingers crossed for you and I know there are a lot of people watching this thread waiting for your post saying you fixed it and found out what the problem was.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #33  

u hit the nail right on the head!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif lots of folks wishing the best for him and checking to see what the porblem was.

Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610\"

Well, guys I thought I would update you once more. A neighbor brought over his M-F tractor this morning. It's bigger than my 4610 and also 4wd like mine. We managed to get over while ground was still frozen real early and at least got the Mule unhooked from the 4610. After both of us giving it a good going-over underneath with one of us using pedals, etc and the other looking underneath and following the linkage and checking for obstructions underneath, he backed his down as far as he could safely, got log chain hooked to chain hooks on my bucket, I let off handbrake, put in neutral and 2wd and let him pull.
My kubota didn't move one inch!
It was just like the tires were frozen stuck (which they weren't because it rolled back when I moved kawasaki mule). I'm not sure what size his was but i think it was a 5400 series M-F or maybe 5500, etc
He just dug him some holes for his wheels, /we just couldn't pull it out.
I'm going to ask around but there's not anyone i know of with small dozer. Only ones i know of has those real big Cat's and they're all busy working on new road construction.
But, i'll get 'er out someway next week i guess.
oh, here's a couple pics i took to kind of help show the predicament here. Still doesn't seem to show the real slope in a pic for some reason.

Attachments

• 47-225042-sicktractor2.JPG
    47-225042-sicktractor2.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 285

different view

Attachments

• 47-225044-sicktractor.JPG
    47-225044-sicktractor.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 254
   / What's ailing my bota 4610" #36  

A very perplexing situation, and I sure look forward to hearing the eventual outcome.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #37  

Did you put fasten the seat belt and take off the parking brake?

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #38  

Sometimes when you're hung up on a slope the best thing to do is use a winch. I'm not entirely surprised the MF wouldn't do the job.

Around here most of the trucks have pipe bumpers with rings in the middle. Dozers without winches are rare. When the trucks get stuck, a dozer winches it out.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #39  

<font color=blue>Still doesn't seem to show the real slope in a pic for some reason. </font color=blue>

Just a thought... instead of taking a head on or tail on pic, take one from broadside, holding the camera "flat" such that the hills incline is shown 2 dimensionally on the camera.

My experience is, it's hard to show incline looking up or down, I've always had to take a pic of it sideways for best results.

Richard

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #40  

SmokyMtnMan, Working or not, that it a beautiful tractor.