What's ailing my bota 4610"

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #41  
Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610\"

I'm thinking out loud here... Couldn't he get the tractor back down on level ground then either get a running start up the hill (by way of his freind's tractor) or find a more suitable way up?

It's hard to get something as heavy as his tractor rolling up a hill.

Billy

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #42  

One problem with trying that is he is already part way up the hill. If he gets it down to the bottom and then he can't get it back up he is worse off than he is now.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #43  

Yea, but at least it would be safer to crawl under it! But he has to get that other vehicle out from behind it before it could move down hill, anyway. Tough situation.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #44  

Just a way out there sort of thought... but there have been times when Clementine has refused to move after coming to a stop in deep mud. Symptoms sound a lot like yours. All the hydraulics work, but the tractor won't go until I engage the diff lock...then she pulls right out of the muck. In the pic it looks like you have some mud; have you tried engaging the diff lock and see what happens?

Like I said, a way out thought.

Pete

/ What's ailing my bota 4610"

That was exactly my thinking, Spencer. Billy, it's kind of a ravine down there. I've wanted for two years to do some brushcutting down there but was afraid i couldn't get back up. It's enclosed on 3 sides in a sort of 'amphitheatre' kind of setting.
Also, I've never been down there with tractor. just the Mule. I only backed down to where Mule was to pull it up.
The other factor is..there's a very narrow passage through that jungle.
Maybe this pic will help you understand what's to the side and below me.
and...Winching is Plan B if i don't get a dozer in next couple days
then i might ask for help on what kind, size etc.

Attachments

• 47-225388-the_wildnerness2.JPG
    47-225388-the_wildnerness2.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 221
   / What's ailing my bota 4610"

yes, that's one of first things I've done. Everytime I go over there to try something else...the diff lock is something i always check.

this pic shows area where tractor would roll to or where i would back it down to.
'not for the weak-hearted'

Attachments

• 47-225390-the_wilderness.JPG
    47-225390-the_wilderness.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 220
   / What's ailing my bota 4610" #47  

That story reminds me of a similar experience I had recently. My tractor had been sitting outside parked in the same spot for a couple weeks. During that time there was some heavy rain along with a couple of freeze/thaw cycles. The ground around here fills up with water like a sponge and swells considerably.

Anyway started the tractor up and went to go. Gear range lo, bumped up the throttle a little, pressed down on the hydro pedal. Whined some, didn't move a bit. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Tried it in reverse. Same thing happened. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Hmm... everything was working fine when I parked it. Double checked the range selector. OK. Move the throttle wide open. Try foot pedal again, this time it goes, but not without some serious resistence though. Stopped and got off the tractor to see if I could figure out what's up.

That's when I see the two large depressions where I was parked. Turned out the tractor's rear wheels had sunk down in that soft ground close to 6". /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

DFB

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #48  

Do you have a wrecker company in your area, preferrably one with the equipment to handle large trucks? They should be able to get you out if they can get one of their trucks within winch cable reach.

Not wanting to go overboard with the negative vibes, but it sounds like something serious happened to the driveline. So you may as well get it winched out now, there's probably not going to be any way to fix the problem at the bottom of the ravine.

Best option would be a dozer with a winch. What's the tractor weigh, 10K lbs or ther-abouts? Even a small dozer should be able to pull that amount out of there. I know the 550 Deere dozer winch is rated for 20k lbs.

I know what you mean about slopes being hard to express in pictures. But from what I can see, that's a heck of an angle you're dealing with there. Good luck, and please, work safe.

Dave

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #49  
Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610

Just checking in to try to give you something to look froward to purchasing once this is all over. I'm sure you are already thinking this, but I would suggest a buying a winch big enough to pull your Kawasaki Mule out from a good distance away /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #50  

SmokyMtnMan,

On the 4100 Deere the HST and the power steering are both supplied from the same internal charge pump. PTO operation is part of that system too.

The 3point lift, PB, and DSCV(loader) are on a separate engine camshaft driven pump.

I don't know if the 4610 kubota system operates in a similar way. It would be interesting to note if the power steering and/or PTO still work OK.

DFB