What's ailing my bota 4610"

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #51  
Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610\"

SmokeyMtnMan,
I think bigpete has the right idea. It is hard to speculate on the best thing to do without being there, but your least expensive alternative may be to buy a big winch. Run it from the MF or chain it to a tree and use a truck battery. Once you move the 4610 forward maybe it will start to work again. Judging from the terraine around there you will probably have use for the winch again anyway. Good luck.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #52  
Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610

<font color=blue>he backed his down as far as he could safely, got log chain hooked to chain hooks on my bucket,<font color=blue>

<font color=black>Might you run the risk of torqueing the front end loader out of shape? Is there a better location to hook upto on the frame?

One more thought, With the Massey hooked up, could you hook a winch or industrial size come-a-long to the front of the Massey and then to a tree. Might give the Massey enough grip to inch forward.

I wish we could all give you a collective UPH.... to move that tractor up the hill. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #53  

<font color=blue>...Winching is Plan B if i don't get a dozer in next couple days...</font color=blue>

If that Massey couldn't do something on an incline... they don't make a winch big enough uphill...(unless dozer mounted) /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

I'd knock on a few BIG BIG local down the road farmer's doors... they can use the money as best as some construction company to pull ya out... (two $50/100 dollar bills will do the trick in a hurry...)

A couple farmer's in tandem would of had you out the first day... /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ What's ailing my bota 4610"

bird..I understand exactly what you're saying. Not sure if you're familiar with this area or not. What few farmers are left around here on these poor eroded slopes might be lucky to have an old 1947 Ford 2wd.
there are still many who use working horses and mules here.
between my house and the nearest town (approximately 3 miles) I can pass by 4 houses where someone in that family died in a tractor accident on these hills. Most of the offspring have gone to do factory jobs, etc and moved away to greener pastures.

just not many folks with a tractor that would do the job around here
also, i'm not sure i explained this or not...where the tractor is now....is about a mile walk...nothing except a tractor or dozer could get over there i don't think.
no towing truck or rollback would ever be able to get over there.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #55  

<font color=blue>...bird..I understand exactly what you're saying...</font color=blue>

I feel very honored to be called Bird... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Well, all kidding aside... it ain't gonna get fixed sitting there thinking about it or looking at it...

It's not gonna cost you any less to wait and call in the right help and yank it out of the woods... and the sad thing is besides not being able to properly use it... the warranty clock is ticking away doing nothing...

I'd get on the horn and be getting some quotes maybe on some slow construction company's ... and get the ball rolling and have a local dealer ready and able to take in for repair...

Do it this way... hire someone to "transport" a disabled tractor on a flatbed to a local and willing dealer... this way it gets out of the woods and off to the dealer... at this stage it really doesn't matter within reason what the cost will be... what needs to be done... needs to be done... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #56  

Well SMM, you're certainly giving us lots to chat about. I agree with BigPete about the winch. The one on my ATV has saved it more than a few times and it has also rescued the F2400 on a number of occaisions. Along these lines, you have said that it isn't easy getting to the site but could you get something with a winch (4wd truck, jeep, tractor) close enough to be useful? Given the slope it may be that not even a crawler can get enough traction for a straight pull. If you could anchor the truck or jeep or tractor to a big tree then you could use the winch to pull the 'bota up. Then you wouldn't be relying on traction to do the pulling. Just a thought.

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #57  

<font color=blue>I feel very honored to be called Bird</font color=blue>

John, he just knew that I was thinking the same thing you said about tandem tractors./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #58  

<font color=blue>SmokyMtnMan</font color=blue>,

One of these sure would help. See attachment. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

I agree with John, it's time to get your new tractor out of the wilderness and to a Kubota dealer. Any Kubota dealer should be willing to fix a warranty problem even if they didn't sell you the tractor. They get paid for their warranty work and making money is what they are in business for. You might even start up a good relationship with your local dealer. You could talk to a towing service and explain your predicament to them. Doesn't cost anything to talk. You might be surprised as to where these guys are willing to take those big rigs. They deal with every kind of incident you could imagine. I'm sure you are not the first person to ever need some kind of heavy equipment drug out of the bush. In a case like this you might be better off to talk to them in person at their place of business. Talk to the business owner if possible. If they can't get a big tow truck out to where your tractor is they may have connections with someone that has something that can. It's for sure at this point that your tractor is not going anywhere without some professional help. You are going to need a towing services flatbed hauler to get your tractor to a dealer anyway so you might as well have them involved from the start. A heavy equipment towing service has some awesome equipment and know how. You want someone that knows what they are doing so as not to further damage your tractor. I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. We all hope you can get this resolved soon.

If I were you I would be checking to see what I could get out of the Kawasaki Mule for trade on a Kawasaki Prairie 650 4x4. I think the Prairie 650 would smooth out that big incline of yours. Good luck. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 47-225581-HerculesM88A2.jpg
    47-225581-HerculesM88A2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 171
   / What's ailing my bota 4610" #59  
Re: What\'s ailing my bota 4610\"

SmokyMtnMan,

As others have said, we're all behind you on this one. I wish we could do more, but all we can do is lend some emotional support.

The Kawasaki Mule is still stuck too, right? Perhaps you should mention that when you're talking to people to pull the tractor out. They might be able to bring something large enough to pull out both tractor and mule. While they're there, it might not cost any extra. You've probably already thought of that, but just in case.

Good Luck. Keep us posted.

~Rick

/ What's ailing my bota 4610" #60  

A thought for a different approach. How about looking for an on-site mechanic? Maybe askat the dealer and see if one of those guys would be willing to stop.