48" or 60" Box Blade

/ 48" or 60" Box Blade #1  

Fruitguy

Tractor
Cub Cadet SC2400
I have a sc2400 and will be purchasing a box blade and thought I would go with a 48" to cover the wheels but some have suggested a 60". I would prefer to have the correct size even if it is smaller.

Was wondering what others are using or have used with a 4wd 24hp SCUT.

Thanks,
James

/ 48" or 60" Box Blade #2  
The main thing is making sure it covers the wheel path (tracks), and the rest depends on what your going to be doing with it. I had a SCUT (13 hp) four wheel drive that I put a 5 foot boxblade behind. It worked fine for what I was doing with it, which was spreading dirt under a beach house that a hurricane had washed out the sand under. If I needed to dig dirt and rock, it would not have done nearly as well, but due to what I needed, it worked great. It really depends on your uses.
David from jax

/ 48" or 60" Box Blade #3  
I have 26 hp BX2660 and run a 48". I pull a lot of rock and wouldn't want anything larger. If I were working clean gravel and dirt id go 60".

/ 48" or 60" Box Blade #4  
I have used both on my BX2660 and prefer the 48" overall.

/ 48" or 60" Box Blade
Thanks for the input. I think I am leaning towards the 48". I can always take a couple extra passes.

/ 48" or 60" Box Blade #6  
I have a 32 HP JD 4x4 and I have a 5' seems to be a good fit, especially for working it hard /digging deep.

I think your wise leaning towards the 48", a box can get pretty heavy when worked hard, it would do you no good if you were just spinning your wheels.

For a rake I would go one size up at least, I have a 6' could probably go wider if just used for fine finish work.

JB

/ 48" or 60" Box Blade #7  
I run a 60" behind my JD855. It works but I do run into occasions where it's too much to pull. It's all situationally dependent. Pulling gravel up the road I run with the blade full of material. I do so in 4WD. If I'm also ripping ground with the scarfers.... I will often find myself spinning my wheels.

Maybe I need a second blade?