3-Point Hitch towing from bar across 3 point lift arms

/ towing from bar across 3 point lift arms #11  
I agree with the chain idea. it is adjustable, and will make it 'solid' You just have to be carefully when you raise it up under strain to get it tight.
i used this idea on mine.

/ towing from bar across 3 point lift arms #12  
Can you hook a check chain to the drawbar or other low spot on the tractor to the 3pt hitch lower arms to limit how far it can raise?

That's what I do, I thought everyone who uses 3pt to move trailers learns this, but it sounds like there many different opinions ?

Just having adequate tongue weight does is not a guarantee against uncontrollable 3pt rise. It can occur going down hill and braking or backing up hill, or using a dump trailer etc. You need to have a limiter chain.

JB

Attachments

• DSCN3716.JPG
    DSCN3716.JPG
    853.9 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCN3715.JPG
    DSCN3715.JPG
    993.2 KB · Views: 344
   / towing from bar across 3 point lift arms
Thanks for the replies. I guess the safest for the tractor (Kubota B2910) would be to just load the trailer with weight on the tongue. I actually have a set of those adjustable bars from an old Ford, but I don't like the thought of what might happen if I lock up the 3 point and then accidentally hit the lift lever...This tractor has position control only, so the draft control idea won't work... What about a mechanical limiter, like a hinge that folds out, to stop the lift lever from going any higher? I actually already put one on the 4 WD lever to keep it from accidentally slipping down into 2WD, as this happened to me once with scary consequences... But I will try the chain idea. Thanks all.

/ towing from bar across 3 point lift arms #14  
On mine if I accidently raise it. it will either stall or the pressure relief will open..Also if the lifter lever has the thumb knob you can adjust that to act as the 'stop' to keep from raising it. accidently..
Just loading the tongue wont adjust for the bouncing that might happen

/ towing from bar across 3 point lift arms #15  
You will be fine with the adjustable bars from the Ford. That is how the early Fords came from the factory. Your idea of a metal stop to lock the 3pth control lever down is right on. The early Fords did it that way, too. It sounds like you already have everything you need to use the drawbar on the 3pth arms. Don't worry. You won't hurt the tractor. Just load the front of the trailer a little heavier and if for some reason more weight gets behind the axle and causes the tongue to lift the adjustable stay arms will hold it in place. Bigger and heavier tractors than your B2910 used that system for years. It worked then and it will work now. Good luck.