Polish Engineering At It's Finest

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest #11  
What does that container weigh and what kind of lifting capacity does the Cat have? I imagine you could have dragged it with a couple chains also.

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest #12  
I had my 8' x 20' shipping container delivered and of course the tractor trailer couldn't make it up the mountain road to the property so I had to use the Cat 953 loader to carry it up the road. I rigged it from the end and added two chains from the top far corners back to the loader bucket. Then I just had to roll the bucket back and pick the entire container up. Just a minor pucker factor driving it up the mountain road.View attachment 206463

View attachment 206464

"Polish Engineering At It's Finest"

Smile when you say that Polack :mad:

Actually mothers maiden name was Klitzski - out of Wisconsin. Overall a bunch of very intelligent people. Not a slacker amongst em. Where do all these Polish jokes come from?

1/2 Polish and proud of it. :D

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest
"Polish Engineering At It's Finest"

Smile when you say that Polack :mad:

Actually mothers maiden name was Klitzski - out of Wisconsin. Overall a bunch of very intelligent people. Not a slacker amongst em. Where do all these Polish jokes come from?

1/2 Polish and proud of it. :D

Of course I have a smile on my face!
I'm only half Polish...I occasionally give my dad a hard time for not marrying a full blooded Polish girl.:)

I learned so many common sense ways to do and fix things from my Polish grandfather it makes me proud to be Polish.

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest
What does that container weigh and what kind of lifting capacity does the Cat have? I imagine you could have dragged it with a couple chains also.

Typical 8' x 20' shipping container weighs 5K
Not sure how much the Cat can pick up it weighs 35K
I had some boulders that 2/3s of them would fit in the bucket but could not pick up.
Dragging it would have been a major pain in the A**
I used to pick them up at work the same way with a rough terrain forklift.