Polish Engineering At It's Finest

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest #1  

paulwestski

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240
I had my 8' x 20' shipping container delivered and of course the tractor trailer couldn't make it up the mountain road to the property so I had to use the Cat 953 loader to carry it up the road. I rigged it from the end and added two chains from the top far corners back to the loader bucket. Then I just had to roll the bucket back and pick the entire container up. Just a minor pucker factor driving it up the mountain road. Feb22_0001.jpg

Feb22_0003.jpg

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest #3  
Very clever and well done. Looks like it would be hard to see where you were going. :D

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest #4  
Looks good to me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If the pucker factor gets to much you are welcome to use my facilities. :cool:
Picture is 25' of light pole out in front of my bucket.

Attachments

• New Facilities.jpg
    New Facilities.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 425
  • Light pole1-E.jpg
    Light pole1-E.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 605
   / Polish Engineering At It's Finest
Very clever and well done. Looks like it would be hard to see where you were going. :D

Not to bad to see what's up ahead. The dozer is just about as wide as the shipping container. The bucket is 8 feet wide.

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest #6  
Had to do something similar with a well drilling rig when we were developing some mountain property. Not carry it of course, just help it get into a tight location. Could the tractor trailer have made it up if the road had base gravel installed?

MarkV

Had to do something similar with a well drilling rig when we were developing some mountain property. Not carry it of course, just help it get into a tight location. Could the tractor trailer have made it up if the road had base gravel installed?

MarkV

No he'd never made the turns. It took him an hour to get off the paved road onto the logging road. I tried to get him to let me chain up to the back of his trailer pick up the trailer and swing it into the logging road as he backed in. But he wanted to do it on his own. The trailer had the floating hydro rear axle so he could shorten it up considerably. I can't wait until the well driller comes out and says you want me to drive my rig up where?

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest #8  
No he'd never made the turns. It took him an hour to get off the paved road onto the logging road. I tried to get him to let me chain up to the back of his trailer pick up the trailer and swing it into the logging road as he backed in. But he wanted to do it on his own. The trailer had the floating hydro rear axle so he could shorten it up considerably. I can't wait until the well driller comes out and says you want me to drive my rig up where?

That is why I had a cable rig drill my well at my cabin narrow windy roads
It was a single axle truck

/ Polish Engineering At It's Finest #9  
Now I have heavy metal envy!
Can I borrow that Cat for a week?

Now I have heavy metal envy!
Can I borrow that Cat for a week?

You could rent one locally for less than it would cost to truck it round trip.
The Cat was sweet for all of the tree clearing and moving quite a few car size boulders. I even unbolted one of the teeth off of the bucket, bolted a 18" long receiver on and used the dozier to pull my 30' travel trailer up the mountain and set it exactly where I wanted it.

IMG_3683 (2).jpg