Tires Help with turf tires

/ Help with turf tires #1  

outwest

Tractor
paul.munns@gmail.com
We just bought a 2007 CaseIH DX 35. Its awesome but the r4 tires tear up the lawn. Been doing research and calling all over trying to get a straight answer on what size turf tires will work. The rear tires are 17.5X24 but some people are telling me that with turfs you switch to a different numbering system. I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Help with turf tires #2  
I would say call the local dealer and ask them. They will have a record of what size of tires were avalible for that tractor when it came out. I know with my montana the R1s were sized 7x14 front and 12.4x24 rears. But for my turfs that i got on mine, mine are size 27x8.5-15 and the rears are 41x14-20. So not sure if that helps you but im sure you can get that infor from the dealer if need be.

/ Help with turf tires #3  
If you have the manual for your Case and if turf tires were available as an optional tire, that size should be listed in your Specifications section.
The downside is, those turfs probably won't fit on your current rims.

From TractorData.com:
Ag front: 7.00-16 or 8.00-16

Ag rear: 13.6x24 or 14.9x24

Lawn/turf front: 25x8.50-14 or 27x8.50-15

Lawn/turf rear: 44-18-20

Industrial front: 10x16.5
Industrial rear: 17.5Lx24

Buying tires and rims won't be cheap (if you buy new).

It's going to be some work on your part, but you could call various tire dealers and see if they have a turf tire that will fit your current rims. Don't forget you have to maintain a circumference ratio front to rear so you don't damage your 4WD system.

BTW, are you running the tractor in 4WD on your lawn? Try running in 2WD and don't make tight turns. When I had my old 790 (with R-4's), it would leave impressions in the grass, but they would be gone in a few days. But if I ran in 4WD, the front tires would scuff the grass.