getting everything ready to go

/ getting everything ready to go #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
I started my JD riding lawn mower up about 2 weeks ago after it sat all winter with out being started. I fired right up with no problems. I let it run for around 30 minutes got the oil good and hot, drained it, changed the oil , oil filter, air filter, fuel filter,spark plugs, sharpened the blades, checked the air in the tires, greased it, and cleaned the battery posts. Today the very 1st time I go to use it the battery is dead. It seems as hard as I try to get everything ready there is always something that isn't after I start. Got the field cultivator out, greased it checked the air in the tires, changed all the bad sweeps and inspected all the hydralic hoses. Used it for awhile yesterday and one of the hoses started leaking. This just happens to be one I replaced last spring. Does anyone else have this kind of luck?

/ getting everything ready to go #2  
There is always something to fix. Enjoy that part too, and I go forward. ;)

/ getting everything ready to go
This morning I got into my pickup and the battery was dead in it. I checked nothing was left on. Put the charger on and drove it to Rural King where I bought a battery for it a year ago this month. They claim that the battery was fine but it wasn't this morning. I guess I will find out in the morning.

/ getting everything ready to go #4  
I started my JD riding lawn mower up about 2 weeks ago after it sat all winter with out being started. I fired right up with no problems. I let it run for around 30 minutes got the oil good and hot, drained it, changed the oil , oil filter, air filter, fuel filter,spark plugs, sharpened the blades, checked the air in the tires, greased it, and cleaned the battery posts. Today the very 1st time I go to use it the battery is dead. It seems as hard as I try to get everything ready there is always something that isn't after I start. Got the field cultivator out, greased it checked the air in the tires, changed all the bad sweeps and inspected all the hydralic hoses. Used it for awhile yesterday and one of the hoses started leaking. This just happens to be one I replaced last spring. Does anyone else have this kind of luck?

I think we may have been separated at birth.

I talked to the neighbor today. He parked his lawnmower in the corner of the shed last year at the end of the season. Today he checks the oil adds some fuel wipes some of the bird poop of of the seat and mows his yard. I told him about my deal and he just laughed and said you take too good of care of yours.

/ getting everything ready to go #6  
... It seems as hard as I try to get everything ready there is always something that isn't after I start...Does anyone else have this kind of luck?

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that kind of luck!

I have two riding lawnmowers, and anytime I want to use one too mow, I have to air up at least one tire(no matter how many plugs I put in them, man I hate hedge apple trees!) and charge the battery or jump it off.

/ getting everything ready to go #7  
This morning I got into my pickup and the battery was dead in it. I checked nothing was left on. Put the charger on and drove it to Rural King where I bought a battery for it a year ago this month. They claim that the battery was fine but it wasn't this morning. I guess I will find out in the morning.

If you continue to have problems, check for a drain on the battery. The battery kept going dead in my car, even after getting a new one, so I took it to the shop to have it checked out. Turns out there was an internal short in the radio, so it would drain the battery even though everything was turned off.

If you continue to have problems, check for a drain on the battery. The battery kept going dead in my car, even after getting a new one, so I took it to the shop to have it checked out. Turns out there was an internal short in the radio, so it would drain the battery even though everything was turned off.

I unhooked the ground and let it sit for a day and it was ok. I unhooked the ground again and let it sit 2 days and it was dead. I need to go back this weekend and see if they will replace it. I figure with the ground unhooked there can't be a draw on it. Everyone I talk to says they have problems with Rural King batteries.