Kubota L3410 Lift Capacity

/ Kubota L3410 Lift Capacity #1  

MrZukerman

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410
With all the talk in other threads about home built ballast boxes, I have decided to build one instead of using piece of equipment for weight all the time. I'm looking at a concrete weight at approximately 1400 lbs, is this seem to be a safe amount for mine, I have a 3410 and the info I find says the 3pt lift capacity is 3090, but that is all it says. I've seen were people talk about X amount of lift capacity 24" behind arms or eyes etc, I'm assuming that means that they are talking about 24" away from the end of the arms, not 24" from were the arms are pinned to the tractor. Here is were I found the info for this, I do not have a owners manual for my tractor.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/2/5/1250-kubota-l3410.html

/ Kubota L3410 Lift Capacity #2  
Just a heads up that the Tractordata numbers for the 3pt on an L3410 are incorrect. I have an L10 series tractor and somehow kept the original sales brochure for that series. It says the dry weight of an L3410HST is 2800 lbs and the 3pt lift is rated for 2200 lbs at 24 inches "behind the lift point". I'd take that to mean from the pins on the end of the arms. Your 1400 lbs should be fine, but the limit isn't 3090lbs... the 3pt wouldn't lift more than the weight of the tractor, right?

/ Kubota L3410 Lift Capacity #3  
the 3pt wouldn't lift more than the weight of the tractor, right?

I read this ocassionally and never really thought too much about it but if you added weight to the front end or put some sand in the FEL to counter ballance the mass being lifted wouldn't that increase the amount of weight you could lift with that tractors 3pt hitch? In other words, is the amount of weight the tractor can lift not also a function of the hydraulics potential? How about where the weight is in relation to the rear tires? If I get that weight out there in front of the tractor won't it have a greater stabilizing effect than if it's over the tires?

/ Kubota L3410 Lift Capacity #4  
I read this ocassionally and never really thought too much about it but if you added weight to the front end or put some sand in the FEL to counter ballance the mass being lifted wouldn't that increase the amount of weight you could lift with that tractors 3pt hitch? In other words, is the amount of weight the tractor can lift not also a function of the hydraulics potential? How about where the weight is in relation to the rear tires? If I get that weight out there in front of the tractor won't it have a greater stabilizing effect than if it's over the tires?

It depends on what is limiting your lifting capability. In general, the hydraulics and the hitch and support structure limit the absoute lift capability of the hitch. (The relief valve generally protects this part of the system.) The location of the center of gravity of the tractor relative to the rear wheels limit the lift capability due to the tractors front wheel coming off the ground. You are correct that by adding weight to the front via ballast and/or weight in an FEL can increase the lift capability IF tthe lifting capability is limited by the front wheels are coming off the ground.

/ Kubota L3410 Lift Capacity #5  
I believe your lifting limits are based on safe operation, taking into account the design of the lifting assembly.

The hydraulics are usually much stronger than they have to be. The potential is there on most 3pt units or loader to max out the lifting capacity by pushing the psi limits to the max.

If you start breaking components, you know you have gone to far.

/ Kubota L3410 Lift Capacity #6  
I think most 3pt hitches are capable of lifting enough to cause the front axle to become too light for steering control or manufacture would not sell front weights.