What's a set of R-4 tires worth?

/ What's a set of R-4 tires worth? #1  

wny770

Gold Member
Tractor
Lots of old iron
I have a set of R-4's, rears loaded with rim guard. What would these be worth? There is only about 10 hours on the tires. .....25X8.50-14 and 15X19.5. Thanks

Last edited:
   / What's a set of R-4 tires worth? #2  
The rims included (should be, since they're filled)?
These came off a 770 (I'm assuming that because of your nick) which means they should fit a 790 (not sure what else besides a 770 and 790).

If you're selling, I'd ask $1000/OBO.

/ What's a set of R-4 tires worth?
No, there from a T1510 NH. I fell for the R-4 hype. I'm going to turf tires.... again.

/ What's a set of R-4 tires worth? #4  
No, there from a T1510 NH. I fell for the R-4 hype. I'm going to turf tires.... again.

just curious- what are you doing that turfs are better than industrial tread?
(I mow with a lawn mower, and the only plowing is snow- but I do venture into the woods and streams and bogs, and Bush Hog a couple acres.)

I mow approx 3 acres with it. Plus, I move snow. I have a 3pt blower and loader. The R-4's are murder MY turf, not to mention I think the turfs are better in snow. My ground is heavy, and takes a while to dry after a rain, or snow melt, as this spring seems to serve us. I realize turfs are kinda useless in deep mud, but I really don't log with it. I can always take one of the bigger ones. I know everyone has different needs and uses, but I'm kinda sorry I went the R-4 way.

/ What's a set of R-4 tires worth? #6  
I know everyone has different needs and uses, but I'm kinda sorry I went the R-4 way.

That's a shame...

What did you pay for those R-4's (and rims)?

Maybe price them at your purchase price, or best offer...see what responses you get.

/ What's a set of R-4 tires worth? #7  
I mow approx 3 acres with it. Plus, I move snow. I have a 3pt blower and loader. The R-4's are murder MY turf, not to mention I think the turfs are better in snow. My ground is heavy, and takes a while to dry after a rain, or snow melt, as this spring seems to serve us. I realize turfs are kinda useless in deep mud, but I really don't log with it. I can always take one of the bigger ones. I know everyone has different needs and uses, but I'm kinda sorry I went the R-4 way.

I find myself in the same boat. Currently watching for a set of turfs to show up (used) and try to snag them. I've found the R4's to be pretty good in snow, so I'll probably keep them....but for mowing I've got to get something not as rough on my lawn. BTW, I passed on a set of turfs and wheels last fall that were listed for $850. Turns out to have been a mistake to not grab them.

/ What's a set of R-4 tires worth? #8  
I find myself in the same boat. Currently watching for a set of turfs to show up (used) and try to snag them. I've found the R4's to be pretty good in snow, so I'll probably keep them....but for mowing I've got to get something not as rough on my lawn. BTW, I passed on a set of turfs and wheels last fall that were listed for $850. Turns out to have been a mistake to not grab them.

Keep an eye on Craigslist.
I saw a set (front and rears) of mounted turfs off a Deere 4410 or 4310 in CL. They were in either Ohio or Michigan, IIRC. Price was well under $1000.

I know these wheels/rims would fit the 4300 and 4400 and I think they'd fit most of the newer 3x20 series machines too. So, do some homework first and find out which tire/rims combos will fit your machine.

That was a few weeks back. IIRC, my search was for "Deere" as I wasn't looking for tires. I was using a combination of Craigslist and Search Tempest.

R-4's with the rear loaded were WAYYYYY over $1,000. But, that's new tractor pricing? I figure if you went to but them new outright, maybe 1300, and add 300 for rim guard? maybe I'm off, but I don't think so.

/ What's a set of R-4 tires worth? #10  
It must all come down to soil type. I have used R1's on all my tractors to mow with and never had any turf damage. My current tractor is 4x4 and 5,600# with me on it and the mower on the 3 point. I could not do 1/2 of what I do the times I use the tractor for other chores with R4's or Turfs.

Chris