Grease Gun and a Screwdriver

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #141  
One other thought on the subject of greasing. There are a couple of fittings on our loader and backhoe that you can't get grease into until you move the position of the equipment, that is, taking the weight off the particular joint. Anybody else have that experience?
That is common with all joints on a loader or backhoe.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #142  
One other thought on the subject of greasing. There are a couple of fittings on our loader and backhoe that you can't get grease into until you move the position of the equipment, that is, taking the weight off the particular joint. Anybody else have that experience?

Yes, I could not grease the two zerks for the front axle pivot on my DK35. Raising the front wheels with the bucket solved it--and I learned that from a thread on TractorByNet.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #143  
"There are a couple of fittings on our loader and backhoe that you can't get grease into until you move the position of the equipment"

I have a couple of zerks on my FEL that my grease gun tip wouldn't snap onto. Cheap fix was to replace those two straight zerks with 45 degree zerks. In addition, I have some old implements that the zerks have sealed up pretty good, so I bought a box of 100 zerks off of eBay and simply replace them as I come to them. Zerks are cheap and definitely not worth fretting over.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #144  
The older I get, the more I realize I dont know.
Since im only 41 (I like saying "only" in front of that, makes me feel better about it) I think I have a lot to find out that i dont know.
This kinda reminds me of the teenagers statement " I am always amazed at how smart my Dad got from the time I was 16 till 21".

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #145  
WD40 is the best cleaning agent I have ever come across for getting grease and the like off your hands. The stuff is amazing for cleaning your hands. Funny thing is I am not completely sold on it's other so call uses.
It also makes the arthritic joints feel better. I forget the name of the chemical in it now (CRS syndrome) but it is a skin penetrant. I don't know that repeated use of WD 40 on the skin is good for you or not but lots of old timers claimed it relieved stiff joints.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #146  
I believe that at one time WD40 had DMSO (DiMethlSulfOxide) in it. Government made them stop. Dad used to use WD40 on his hands for arthritis. DMSO is still available OTC at most feed stores, etc. for animal use.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #147  
Next class will be on adjustable wrenches.[/QUOTE]

No joke - There's a right and wrong way to use an adjustable wrench, and it I hate to see it when someone's using one the wrong way.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #148  
Next class will be on adjustable wrenches.

No joke - There's a right and wrong way to use an adjustable wrench, and it I hate to see it when someone's using one the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

The only problem with Vise Grips, channel locks, and adjustable wrenches is you can usually only get them into the spot you need them the wrong way.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #149  
At 66 I too didn't know about the adjustment on the nozzle.
Every time I use my machine I at the very least grease the snow blower/loader depending on the time of year.
My hands don't work so good anymore :mad: so I opted for a 12 volt grease gun. Made life so much easier.:)
Thanks for the tip on the front axle pivot.:thumbsup:

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #150  
Gary I am not sure we are ready to move on to the adjustable wrench yet.. I was just starting to get the hang of that screwdriver thingy!..:D

James K0UA