Grease Gun and a Screwdriver

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #151  
Gary I am not sure we are ready to move on to the adjustable wrench yet.. I was just starting to get the hang of that screwdriver thingy!..:D

James K0UA

Here ya go, Lesson #2.

I posted this earlier in the thread but the image no longer appears.

Attachments

• mechanically declined.jpg
    mechanically declined.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 408
   / Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #152  
Good Lord it worked! I recently bought a quality grease gun & I was sure that the screwed on thingy that goes on the nipple was one piece. It took 2 pairs of visegrips to defeat 'the gorilla's best effort', but now the knurled end loosens/tightens just fine. Back in my Navy days we used one with a quick-release, like you use with a common garden hose these days.

This is one GREAT site!

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #153  
Hello;

In 59 while stationed in Texas with the Air Force I bought a super duty Sears/Craftsmen hand operated grease gun. It did fine into the 90's then a bought a Harbor Freight Air operated, one pull=one shot. That was a nice upgrade until it came time to fill wheel hubs after installing bearing buddies. Lord Have Mercy!! I wore out both trigger fingers. After doing one hub with three more to go Down the sandy no brick road to NAPA. Luck was with me. They had the commercial grade Rapid Fire model on sale. Buying it was one of the few smarter things I've done.

Good luck, nicholas

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #154  
You mean I've been wrong all these years! If I hold the nozzle straight on to the zerk it ain't comin off, but tilt it sideways and off it drops..... Never had any problems as long as I could get at the zerk with either my straight or 90 degree gun.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #155  
Next class will be on adjustable wrenches.

No joke - There's a right and wrong way to use an adjustable wrench, and it I hate to see it when someone's using one the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

Adjustable wrenches make great hammers for putting cotter pins into small holes. :D

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #156  
Yep. As the old adage goes,"when you've only got a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #157  
Havent read the whole 12 pages yet, but let me add myself to the 'DUH!' column as I also never knew this...

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #158  
Havent read the whole 12 pages yet, but let me add myself to the 'DUH!' column as I also never knew this...
Well I already admitted it on a recent thread I started but might as well add my name officially here too! :duh:

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #159  
There was a lot of them, My parts guy at NAPA did not know it.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #160  
I finally broke down and bought a decent grease gun. Alemite 500-E Heavy-Duty Grease Gun. It's a manual one. What a difference, the nozzle adjust very easily. I can put it on a zerk, twist it tight and pump away, untwist it and off the zerk no problem. Purges very well too.