Grease Gun and a Screwdriver

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #11  
Thanks for the info - never knew you could adjust them!

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #13  
Well, that's news to me.. But then again, I'm only 64 years old.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #14  
On the tip of your grease gun fitting you may notice a knurled area on the very tip. It is knurled so that you may twist it to loose it with your thumb and forefinger. If you twist it counterclockwise it should loosen and that will make the fit on the grease zerks very loose. if you tighten it, it will be very tight. I often loosen it to slip over the zerk very easily, then tighten it a little while on the zerk to stay on by itself, pump in the grease, and then loosen it to easily remove. If you cannot get it to twist to loosen, take a pair of pliers or 2 pair of pliers to hold both sections of the tip.

James K0UA

Boy, do I feel like a bonehead. All these years and I never knew this. And, I have been having a b!tch of a time getting the gun ON the zerk. Now I know, duh.

THANKS GOES OUT TO KOUA.!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Edit; Now I go back to read the thread and find out....I am not alone. 49 years old and still have soo much to learn. TBN rocks.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #15  
Wow, I thought, many many years ago, the adjustment was a nice find after having difficulty using it for only a few minutes. I can only imagine the unbridled excitement one would feel from figuring out how to use it after 30 years. And to admit to it publicly shows incredible depth of character. :D

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #16  
Wow, I thought, many many years ago, the adjustment was a nice find after having difficulty using it for only a few minutes. I can only imagine the unbridled excitement one would feel from figuring out how to use it after 30 years. And to admit to it publicly shows incredible depth of character. :D

Wow, you have got to wonder how many have read this thread and now have a big flat spot on their forehead from going DOH!:laughing::laughing:
but they are keeping it to themselves!

James K0UA

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #17  
This is worthy of a "STICKY" don't ya think;).

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #18  
I nevr knowed that eithr....boy I feel tubid along wih the uthurs oning up to it.:thumbsup:
Tanks:confused2:

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #19  
I keep 2 grease guns on my service truck. One has a three jaw chuck and the other is a heavy duty 4 jaw. Both have the knurled collar to adjust "grip" on the zerk. I thought everyone knew.:D

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #20  
Wow, you have got to wonder how many have read this thread and now have a big flat spot on their forehead from going DOH!:laughing::laughing:
but they are keeping it to themselves!

James K0UA

Fortunately, I had a flat spot on my forehead before I read this thread...