Grease Gun and a Screwdriver

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #21  
Chalk me up as another one who didn't know. i just bought a new grease gun and I was cursing at it for being too tight. I actually jerked the nipple (am I the only one who calls it a grease nipple?) out of the tongue jack on my horse trailer a couple of months ago because it was so tight. :mad:

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #23  
Fortunately, I had a flat spot on my forehead before I read this thread...

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Roy, I thought you would come at me, hard. But ya know, I can't think of a time that you have ever slighted someone's intelligence other than your own.:thumbsup:

You're a humble guy with a lot of common sense.

I'm still laughing at this post. Classic Roy.:laughing::D:thumbsup:

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #24  

Roy, I thought you would come at me, hard. But ya know, I can't think of a time that you have ever slighted someone's intelligence other than your own.:thumbsup:

Still say "He's gotta lose that hat"! He's gotta be better lookin'! ~S

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #26  
Still say "He's gotta lose that hat"! He's gotta be better lookin'! ~S

No...not really...anyway, then you's guys would see the flat spot and ask all kinds of questions...

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #27  

Nothing wrong with admitting you don't know something...although sometimes it takes me a while to realize it...or admit to it.

As far as "humble"...well, I've got an ego about half the size of PA...but there's lots of folks who would agree with the common part! Including a few on TBN, I'd reckon...

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #28  
Never too old to learn something (65)
Who is the oldest person to learn this???:D

So far, at 68, I'm the winner. Then again.......maybe I knew it and forgot it. ;-)

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #29  
*rubs chin* after reading this. i am going to go look back at the gun. i could swear the el-cheapo hand gun i have, does not adjust.

i always had problems, when my hand gets a little bit of grease on it. to be able to roll the end off to one side. or get in a spot were i could not pop the end off at an angle from the zerk.

*just thinking about it more* i am almost positive the outside portion of the fitting does not move at all. i wonder if the el-cheapo hand gun. has some sort of internal thing that if you spin the hose with fitting allows things to loosen up inside of it.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #30  
*just thinking about it more* i am almost positive the outside portion of the fitting does not move at all. i wonder if the el-cheapo hand gun. has some sort of internal thing that if you spin the hose with fitting allows things to loosen up inside of it.

Go take a look at it....
I'd alway thought the knurl was to allow removal of the tip for replacement.