Grease Gun and a Screwdriver

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #41  
So...that's how it works...

LOL varies depending on which professor you listen to but that's the jist of it.

Didn't intend to offend anyone and trust most have a similar sense of humor.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #42  
Gotta love the internet. I knew a long time ago about how to adjust the tip of a grease gun but like almost everyone here I often learn things that seam simple yet without places like TBN I could have gone my whole life never knowing. And I thought that the internet was just created to make it easier to distribute ****.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #43  
So...that's how it works...

Wait, wait,,, what is this screwdriver thing?? I have always used my pocket knife on those things.. and a dime on the really big ones!!!:laughing::laughing:

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #44  
Wait, wait,,, what is this screwdriver thing?? I have always used my pocket knife on those things.. and a dime on the really big ones!!!:laughing::laughing:

Yeah...I always thought a screwdriver was half vodka, half orange juice!!
And who needs all that Vitamin C, anyway???

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver
Hey all,

I justhad to attach the pictures below. I am pretty dang sure that there is no knurled knob that retracts the four jaws of my grease nozzle.

As you can see I tried to use force and it failed. Oh well I am guessing that I will have to go out and buy a new tip. Grrr...!!!!

I am quite please to see that it has only taken me 29 years to learn how to properly use grease guns.

~Kevin

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110422_193953.png
    ForumRunner_20110422_193953.png
    469.6 KB · Views: 647
  • ForumRunner_20110422_194108.png
    ForumRunner_20110422_194108.png
    407.6 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
   / Grease Gun and a Screwdriver

I wish I would have thought of these things. I have been using my finger nail lately. Those cute little X screws are much more difficult to use. :thumbsup:

~Kevin

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #47  
Hey all,

I justhad to attach the pictures below. I am pretty dang sure that there is no knurled knob that retracts the four jaws of my grease nozzle.

As you can see I tried to use force and it failed. Oh well I am guessing that I will have to go out and buy a new tip. Grrr...!!!!

I am quite please to see that it has only taken me 29 years to learn how to properly use grease guns.

~Kevin

Well looks like you were trying to unscrew it, and that is what you need to do to loosen it, are you saying when you had the wrench on the flats of the nut, and the vise grips on the knurled area you were unable to unscrew it? If it was me, I would put as much torque on it as I could, even if it broke into 2 pieces, as it is no good to you as it is. Give it another try, or get a cheater bar or put it in a vise, or whatever it takes to break it loose, because all screwed down tight, it it useless. and you have to get it off to replace it anyway.

James K0UA

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #48  
I might have to invest in one of those fancy tips. I actually pulled out a zerk on my first attempt at greasing. I'm getting better at the tilt and twist technique though.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #49  
I might have to invest in one of those fancy tips. I actually pulled out a zerk on my first attempt at greasing. I'm getting better at the tilt and twist technique though.

Just loosen the tip on the one you have. I have never seen one that didnt loosen.. Of course if you loosen it too much, then grease will squirt from around the threads and it wont stay on by itself.. find the "sweet spot" or happy medium.

James K0UA

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #50  
Well I will have to admit after 52 years of greasing heavy equipment that I never new this and I have pulled my share of zerks out because the tip would not come off. Thanks TBN