online manual listings....and manufacture websites...

/ online manual listings....and manufacture websites... #1  

boggen

Elite Member
Tractor
SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester
www. has been omitted to keep TBN website from auto converting links
--> refers to flow path of clicking through website
all is done for US not other countries.
----------- (below this line) = my quick comments.
========= (breaks things up between different manufactors)

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Parts
kubota.com --> parts --> follow links for parts
--------
safety notations on website = a joke
the list MSDS and lubricants. but more of "sale" website vs being user friendly. with very limited info.

===========

deere.com --> us --> service and support --> product support -> select (ag, golf, construction) --> parts catalogs or manuals

-------
they have a good detail of info, and setup for multi country setup. but very cumbersome. and hard to click through. i have to search through different categories (ag, construction, golf, residential, etc....) just to find a model number i might have. give me a generic style "shoping website" that lists product manual, product model, short description. that then goes into details. upon each model. right now, it is hard saying were i might be able to find something. and seems like company uses in house custom built website. that is just not there yet. it is all about features, and showing info. but no one behind the wheel making a good map and layout.

============

newholland.com --> ag --> US --> parts and service --> parts search
newholland.com --> construction --> US --> parts and service --> parts search

------
arghs.... country picking is a pain. do to the overlay makes it down right impossibly to see what you are clicking on.

they make a big deal of this and that with multi clicks to get to any info for parts catalog.

parts catalog, i would assume is more built for Shops and mechanics. for login in. and just put in a temp username/password setup for regular folks to see stuff. and hiding pricing info. tad of a pain, having to have internet access just to see part info. vs being able to download.

no real listing of different models and makes. it is all "marketing" no real help and support directly on the web.

==============

kiotitractor.com

----------
list specs. quick and fast easy to click through. but no FAQ's, no manuals, not much of any info, or figuring out what you might need. extremely basic. but at least easy to use.

==============

mahindrausa.com

-------
better that kiotitractor.com and easy to use. but specs are in PDF format. just give me some generic tables in HTML vs ((other words like a spread sheet)) that i don't have to download pdf files just to see specs. gets rather annoying flipping through stuff, waiting on large size pdf files.

=============

masseyferguson.com

----------
down right annoyed. flipping between different agco websites. you keep clicking and clicking but never find anything.
finally found parts book at AGCO Parts Books but you need to have a dealer setup a username/password for you? what the? *has no idea getting info on tractor it would be this difficult*

---------

Massey Ferguson : Tractor Advisor : Home

ok about the easiest to use to click things. does not give much detail about this or that. but more of a pictorial slide show selection.

ok finally was able to some how "click my way back" to massey website to find specs and info. but WOW. so frustrated trying to find info on website. it leaves a bad taste in mouth of never wanting to go back. i thought John Deere and New Holland was bad. but this is a mess of clutter. what info you might find useful, is burried in unknown areas.

==========

bobcat.com

---------
actually descent menus and ease of use. but parts listings, manuals are non existent.

about only thing that i found that makes this worth while might be the (training courses) that make it stick out from all other websites.

=========

cubcadet.com --> parts and service --> parts search
cubcadet.com --> operators manual ((requires serial number GGGRRR))

------
now if john deere and new holland could have a easier to use website like this. only a few min clicks to find info without to much of a hassle.

and it is HTML and javascript driven (fast and easy to use). vs the slow in rear flash, and java applets. that take time even on high speed internet connections to load.

so far A+ and website to beat.

===========

yanmar.com

--------
ease of use, but not alot of details all menu driven. and you are like ok where should i be clicking.

cubcadet.com just puts the main website to shame.

===========

tym-tractors.com

---------
site would not load.

=========================

i realize i might be asking to much. but ya just gotta kinda wonder. all the cash being dumped into some of these websites. and it takes a compter geek to even find stuff on some of them.

so much is placed on dealers for info. and hardly any info beyond generic specs is given.

no real detail about differences between this and that option. and i wonder why TBN has so many "buying and pricing" forums it is like TBN is making up for what i would think manufactures should be supplying in first place.

--generic safety hazards with pictures
--oil and lubrication areas that need to be checked on regular basis.
--general Trouble shooting info.
--explanation of different options between this and that.
--operator manuals even just generic one. that goes over details.
--parts listings
--quick search model listing of drop down menus or tables like a spread sheet.
--less trying to sell there product image. and actual information. ((fire some marketing staff for folk/folks that have better idea of overall website layout and ease of use even for dial up folks))