Backhoe first time using a backhoe

/ first time using a backhoe #32  
The Gary Ober book is a must. I bought it and studied it and I'm glad I did. There is so much good information from beginning to learn to very advanced TLB techniques. A great reference to refresh your memory as well. :thumbsup:

/ first time using a backhoe #33  
My garden is only about 12' wide, so I can make one trip along it with the hoe before renting the rototiller. It lets the soil dry quicker and works in the ashes that we've dumped over the winter. Then I get the tiller and do the top 4" in loose soil, instead of fighting stuff that has packed/settled down all winter...

/ first time using a backhoe
Finally got on the backhoe attached and working, lol. Taking it off the tractor seemed no big deal but putting it back on was a challenge. It appears that the frame is about a 1/2" to tight. Anyway was out in the field and dug up some jack pine stumps and buried them as someone once said sure beets a shovel.:thumbsup:

/ first time using a backhoe
Adjusted the BackHoe's frame so that it attaches in 20 minutes (have to take off the lift arms that adds a couple of minutes). I removed a couple of stumps yesterday and even got to use the mechanical thumb it was a blast! Thanks for all the tips and shared experience!:D