Oil & Fuel DieselAdditive

/ DieselAdditive #1  

Piperflyer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota3030HST
What's the best additive to be adding to the diesel fuel in your equipment. What will keep things from growing in you tank and plugging your injector lines.

/ DieselAdditive #2  
Don't now if it's the best, But I use Power Service gray bottle in late spring thru early fall and white bottle rest of time. Once in awhile I put in the red bottle in my pickup to keep moisture down in my tank. They also have other products as well. Visit their website for more info, Power Service Products, diesel fuel additives, prevent gelling, clean injectors, disperse water, boost cetane, reduce emissions, improve fuel economyPower Service Products, diesel fuel additives, prevent gelling, clean injectors, disperse water, boos

/ DieselAdditive #3  
Power Service has proven itself for me.
dfs.jpg

White bottle is for colder weather since it has an anti-gelling additive.

dk.jpg

Gray bottle is good for warmer months for a little cetane boost and for additional lubricity that this Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel lacks.

d911.jpg

Red bottle (911) is for Emergency Only, I would not use it regularly. It should only be used if your diesel fuel has already gelled or if you think you have water in your tank. For gelled fuel, you mix it with diesel in your fuel tank and fuel filter and all will be good within minutes.

/ DieselAdditive #4  
does diesel have a shelf life?is off road better for your tractor?

/ DieselAdditive #5  
I don't know what I would do in the winter without the white bottle. It is frequently below O here, and the machine sits for extended periods. If you have anything like real cold, I would use the white, and now I might start using the Grey stuff for summer.

/ DieselAdditive #6  
does diesel have a shelf life?is off road better for your tractor?

Diesel is not prone like gasoline to deteriorate. I have used HHO that was 10 years old with no issue. The new ULS fuel may be somewhat different, time will tell, but I still suspect it will not go bad near as fast as gasoline.

/ DieselAdditive #7  
I use Power Service in the white bottle year round. I'll alternate between the gray and the white in the trucks though because there is a slight difference in cetane between the two.

/ DieselAdditive #8  
i put the anti geling treatment in my diesel tank when i fill it up during the winter.

/ DieselAdditive #9  
I've been running Red Line 85+ in my tractor and truck......works great! 3 oz. per 25 gals. or 1/2 oz. per 5 gals.

/ DieselAdditive #10  
What's the best additive to be adding to the diesel fuel in your equipment. What will keep things from growing in you tank and plugging your injector lines.

I use Power Service white bottle all year around. I mark the clear band on the bottle with a Sharpie and divide the bottle into 10ths. I dump one mark (~3oz) into each 5 gallon fuel can - which is about a double dose. No gelling, and I know it was -20F one night this winter. I don't know exactly what I'm gaining in the summer, I just figure it can't hurt.

FWIW, I recently changed my fuel filter - didn't have to, just felt guilty - I know of 900 hours that were put on the tractor through that same filter.

JayC