Installed My "Top and Tilt" Kit Today

/ Installed My "Top and Tilt" Kit Today #1  

Gordon Gould

Tractor
Kubota L3010DT, Kubota M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G Dozer
I ordered a TnT kit from Fit Rite Hydraulics and installed it today. All went smooth and I can tell that I am going to like it.
Brian, from Fit Rite Hydraulics, was great to do business with and was extremely helpful. The Top Cylinder was easy enough. I just ordered one that covered the range of my old one. The Tilt Cylinder was tougher and without Brians suggestions and help I would not have gotten what I wanted. He custom makes the cylinder for the tractor. He bent over backwards to make sure everythink would be right. As you can see in the pictures the quality of his workmanship is great. I got a three box kit. Two cylinders and Super Flex hoses.

Attachments

• 3BoxKit.JPG
    3BoxKit.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,716
  • KitAssembled.JPG
    KitAssembled.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,400
  • KitInstalled_1.JPG
    KitInstalled_1.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,343
  • KitInstalled_2.JPG
    KitInstalled_2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,116
   / Installed My "Top and Tilt" Kit Today
I put my grader on just to see what range of motion I had. The tilt is going to be great using my rear blade and the top link will enhance my grading. The tilt angles the same amount on each side.
I need to learn how to use them now :):) That will be fun

I apologise for the grainy pictures I dont know what happened :mad:

Attachments

• KitInstalled_3.JPG
    KitInstalled_3.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,071
  • MotionDown.JPG
    MotionDown.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 851
  • MotionUp.JPG
    MotionUp.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 983
  • MotionTilt.JPG
    MotionTilt.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,389
Last edited:
I found one decent picture so you can see what it looks like better if you want.

Attachments

• P1030603.JPG
    P1030603.JPG
    765.7 KB · Views: 4,831
   / Installed My "Top and Tilt" Kit Today #4  
2 questions;

a) How do you quickly "return to level" with the tilt ?
e.g. do you have to go and find a nice flat piece of road for "reference" ?
I am assuming that there is nothing equivalent to a "position control" on the hydraulic side link.

b) Would it not have been "better" to have kept the adjustable right link and use a hydraulic one on the left side ?

EDIT:
Having looked a bit closer at the pics; You could probably switch it to the left side anyway and regain your screw adjustable right link.
END EDIT:

/ Installed My "Top and Tilt" Kit Today #5  
2 questions;

b) Would it not have been "better" to have kept the adjustable right link and use a hydraulic one on the left side ?

EDIT:
Having looked a bit closer at the pics; You could probably switch it to the left side anyway and regain your screw adjustable right link.
END EDIT:

That is what I did - that is, move the adjustable link to the other side.

It allows for lowering or raising the base height of the implement. That way you can get more "Tilt" if necessary.

/ Installed My "Top and Tilt" Kit Today #6  
Gordon, thanks for posting the pics. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Most people just get the set and you never see or hear from them again, which I guess is a good thing.;) It looks like you have a big enough range of motion to work with. Like you said, now you have to get use to using them. Biiiiiiiiiiiig difference from the manual adjustments. :cool2:

Keep us informed on how you like them as you get use to using them.

/ Installed My "Top and Tilt" Kit Today #7  
Nice. I can see you still have a little of that white stuff left. It's almost gone here. Friday I actually dragged a makeshift grader my neighbor has up and down the driveway now that the mud is nearly dried out. If you haven't yet I bet you can't wait to try it out.

/ Installed My "Top and Tilt" Kit Today #8  
Man, that is the cats meow for doing grading work. Thanks for sharing.

/ Installed My "Top and Tilt" Kit Today #9  
Gordon,
I put an equal length piece of pipe slightly larger in diameter than the two pins that hold your top cylinder, one on each side of the pin to help keep it centered on the tractor and in my case the box scraper.
Have you played around with the lower three hole settings on the tilt cylinder?
Enjoy the TnT.

2 questions;

a) How do you quickly "return to level" with the tilt ?
e.g. do you have to go and find a nice flat piece of road for "reference" ?
I am assuming that there is nothing equivalent to a "position control" on the hydraulic side link.

EDIT:
END EDIT:

A - I don't know yet - I have to figure that out. I'm not sure it matters if the tractor isn't level. You just work relative to the surface you need or have. Like a guy running a dozer.

B - I plan to switch the adjustable link to the left side like you said

Last edited: