jd 2210 okay?

/ jd 2210 okay? #1  

Anonymous Poster

First question on this board as a new member just today.

I'm looking seriously at buying a JD 2210 for mowing (about 1 acre with a few trees), loader work (topsoil, fill stone, mulch), plowing snow and maybe adding a backhoe (burying downspouts, inground sprinklers) at some point.

Is there a current owner who could provide some feedback on how their 2210 is working for them? For example, what are the pluses/minuses? Any unscheduled repairs needed? Also, what MMM is best 54 or 62?

Thanks!

/ jd 2210 okay? #2  
I have one on order so I can't answer all your questions....actually, none of them, yet. I've only seen posts from a couple of guys who have taken delivery, so hopefully you won't get any replies on the question about unscheduled repairs. It's just too new.

I also wanted to comment that the backhoe is just a seemingly credible rumor at this point. I'm keeping my ears open on that one, as are a lot of 4X10 owners. The rumor is that it will fit the 2210 through the 4115.

Have fun shopping.

/ jd 2210 okay? #3  
jd445br,

There is already a <font color=blue>Thread</font color=blue> about different size mowers. Click the link below to go there.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=genbuy&Number=225752&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=/>54" vs 60" MM Mower - Pros / Cons, Opinions?</A>

/ jd 2210 okay? #4  
I've had mine about a month. I'm real happy with it so far, haven't cut with it yet of course. But the loader works great. The only thing I don't like is the lack of seat springs, I'm going to work on that one. I did get it stuck in the mud pretty good a few weeks ago - would be nice to have some different tire options. I too am anxious about a backhoe option, I'm sure my wife feels otherwise.

/ jd 2210 okay?
jdeerestl,
I assume the tractor has turf tires. BTW how did you get it unstuck?

With the seat, I've read your posts on the jd garden tractor site. Advise the results if you decide to retrofit the air-ride seat.

Also, have you had any cold-start problems? (I understand it's a glow-plug assist design).

/ jd 2210 okay? #6  
I have not had any cold starting problems and the thermometer in the garage gets in the low 30s. As far as the seat goes - I'm hoping the fix isn't a whole new seat unit as that would seem to be a bit costly. And getting stuck - it was my own stupid mistake. Took it into what turned out to be a foot and a half of slick nasty mud carrying a 500# or so rock. Not the smartest thing I've ever done. Dug for an entire afternoon to get it out and spent the whole next day cleaning it.

/ jd 2210 okay?
Did using the 4wd help much? BTW can you lock the front differential?

/ jd 2210 okay?
After many trips to JD and many questions here, I just ordered mine today. I posted the question on 54" vs 60" mower deck. I finally decided on the 62C. the general consensus is go with the larger deck. On one of my many trip to the JD dealer, I purposely chose a very cold day...and the 2210 (sitting outside) started right up without any hesitations. TBN is a great source for information. Your task description is very similar to mine, so I think the 2210 will probably exceed your needs.
Good Luck
Fran

/ jd 2210 okay?
Congrats on ordering your 2210!

What's your delivery timing? Yesterday my dealer said mid-March for mine, but in the same breath said Deere planned to cancel all dealer stock orders for the 2210 and will apply those tractors to retail sale orders. Dealer said he'll know by 1/20/03 if delivery dates will move up.

BTW without the seat springs, how "bad" does the seat rub against the hitch level? Also, did you get the bucket level indicator for the loader?

/ jd 2210 okay?
I was given a delivery date of "about 2 weeks".
My dealer has a couple 2210's in stock, a Loader, but no 62C attaching hardware. The level indicator, grill guard and ballast box was all part of the "package". I did not take notice of any rubbing issues but I will make sure I check it out.