Quick and Cheap Leak Fix

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix #1  

One Acre Farm

I have an old Farmall 140 that I use to culitivate on the farm and it has had a leaky seal since it was given to me. It is a slow drip from under the gear housing. To properly fix it, I am going to have to split the tractor, something I cannot do, nor afford at the moment. Any ideas about a good way to trap that oil so it doesn't leak on my plants as I cultivate?

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix #2  
How much oil is there in it? I'd try changing it out. New oil often rejuvenates the seals. I've done this on several transmissions/differentials. Just change the oil, and leakage either stops or slows down a lot.

Ralph

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix
I did try that, didn't slow it down though

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix #4  
Lucas sells alot of different stuff that will probobly work pretty good . Where are you in MD ?

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix #5  
They say that this stuff works. I have purchased it from this site and did use it on a hydraulic ram. It slowed the leak but did not totally stop it.

New Tech International

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix #6  
Wonder what would happen if you put a few gallons of bar oil in it?? Not suggesting... if the oils would even mix.

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix
I'm in montgomery county, and am interested in someone fixing the leak but not till the end of the season

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix #8  
I would look at AT205 look it up on amazon.com. I would try this product before I tried anything else I discovered it from a guy on U tube that says that he has had great results it would be a cheap easy fix and would be worth the effort before trying anything else. just my 2cents.

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix #9  
They say that this stuff works. I have purchased it from this site and did use it on a hydraulic ram. It slowed the leak but did not totally stop it.

New Tech International

I havn't tried it but if this stuff will slow an hydrualic leak at that sort of pressure then you would think that a tranny case would be a walk in the park

/ Quick and Cheap Leak Fix #10  
is it the seem of a sump that is leaking? if so, pressure wash then clean with carb cleaner then use a bead of jb quick weld on it.

soundguy