Plowing (pics)

/ Plowing (pics) #21  
Thanks Larry,

The plow's not nearly so pretty now after sitting under two feet of snow most of the winter. I've got to find something that'll hang on to the shares for rustproofing, I tried Fluid Film with limited success. I don't want to paint them again since I have to grind it off every time I use the plow, but it only gets used a couple times a year. I guess I could paint them with grease, but I want to be sure I get it all off before I plow the garden again.

Sean

Why would you grind the paint off? Paint is a whole lot smoother than rusted steel, or steel that has been gone over with a grinder. I paint the shares with whatever is available, and wear it off to shiny metal the following year.

/ Plowing (pics) #22  
Does anyone remember a product call e aluminum paint. Perfect for plow application rust proofing.

/ Plowing (pics) #23  
As a kid I once painted a metal pre-tonka belly dump trailer truck with it that my stepfather picked up at the auction in the late 50's. Great paint- shiny.

/ Plowing (pics) #24  
Why would you grind the paint off? Paint is a whole lot smoother than rusted steel, or steel that has been gone over with a grinder. I paint the shares with whatever is available, and wear it off to shiny metal the following year.

I may try that, if it sticks too much I can always grind it.

Sean