Case Ih problem?

/ Case Ih problem? #1  

maddog2020

Tractor
farmall 45
Hy guys. I have a case ih farmall 45 (hydro) that I bought last summer. I have used it quite a bit for bush hogging and loader work with no problems. I love it.I recently bought a 6 foot box blade. Just to see what it would do, I sunk the scarifier teeth as far down as they go. A couple of times when the box would fill up with dirt I spun all four tires. But a couple of times when the box filled up with dirt the tractor stalled. By that i mean the motor bogged down (not died) and the tractor would not go, like something in the trans was slipping. Is this normall for a hydro or is there something wrong. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

/ Case Ih problem? #2  
ok im going to take a run at this 1,less i miss my guess your trying to pull the boxblade in med or high.an that is why the tractor is stalling or dieing.try putting it down in low range an see what happens.

/ Case Ih problem?
no I have the tractor in low range

/ Case Ih problem? #4  
I have the same tractor. Mine has, on occasion, bogged down and then died. It happened several times when I was using the box blade to grade a creek crossing. It seems like once it starts to bog down if it gets to a certain point it doesn't matter if you remove your foot from the pedal or not it's going to die. Having always driven clutched tractors I was used to just pushing the clutch in when a tractor started to bog down. I think that what you are experiencing is inherent to the hydrostatic transmission.

/ Case Ih problem? #5  
As a hydro starts to bog down you need to start letting up on the pedal to let the rpm's come back up. The throttle should already be at max. Hydros are a little counter intuitive at first

/ Case Ih problem? #6  
my kuboto HST would stall out in med pulling a 7000lb load so we would run it in low.an we also put it in 4wd drive because most times we was pulling a 9000lb load.

/ Case Ih problem? #7  
Hy guys. I have a case ih farmall 45 (hydro) that I bought last summer. I have used it quite a bit for bush hogging and loader work with no problems. I love it.I recently bought a 6 foot box blade. Just to see what it would do, I sunk the scarifier teeth as far down as they go. A couple of times when the box would fill up with dirt I spun all four tires. But a couple of times when the box filled up with dirt the tractor stalled. By that i mean the motor bogged down (not died) and the tractor would not go, like something in the trans was slipping. Is this normall for a hydro or is there something wrong. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Charleyfarmall pegged it. When pulling hard on a hydro machine, as the drivetrain loads up and begins to pull hard, you back off the hydro pedal instead of flooring it. That's because the pedal is not like an accelerator; instead it's controlling how much gear reduction is being used. Light pedal = lots of gear reduction, low speed and maximum pulling power to the drive wheels. Pedal to the metal = higher gear, higher speed and less pulling power.

Pulling a heavy enough load should spin the tires, but if you "floor it", you'll overload the hydraulic circuit and trigger the pressure relief bypass which exists to prevent damage in such situations.

You can get a sense of how hard you are working a hydro machine by the sound... the louder the whine, the harder it's working, and by the temperature of the hydro fluid. It's normal for it to be pretty hot, but if it's really scalding hot...

Be sure you have adequate engine rpm's also. Need to spin up the hydraulic pump so it's giving full flow.