Keep mice out of equipment

/ Keep mice out of equipment #1  

Tomas

How do you keep mice out of your equipment during winter? I have put out tons of poison, but the mice have chewed wires and diabled my tractor, backhoe and dozer.
Any suggestions???
Thanks

/ Keep mice out of equipment #2  
How do you keep mice out of your equipment during winter? I have put out tons of poison, but the mice have chewed wires and diabled my tractor, backhoe and dozer.
Any suggestions???
Thanks
Mothballs. Seriously. The little critters will die if they try to stay in a enclosure with them, and they avoid the smell like the plague. I find when I put put stuff away in the fall, they usually last most of, maybe all, winter. They help with chipmunks/vols or whatever as well. AND (drum roll, please) they're cheap! Hang little bags (old socks, whatever) of them around the equipment....

/ Keep mice out of equipment #3  
i agree moth balls help but i still get some mouse acttivity just not near as bad also bounce dryer sheets seem to help alittle .I also have traps set i use a design i ran across years ago plastic bucket with a rod threw top. drill 2 holes in top of bucket run small rod threw and in the middle of bucket run the rod threw a pop can then threw other side of bucket can should spin freely no put peanut butter on ends of can and make a ramp or set close to something so mice can climb up they will climb out on rod step on can and it will dump them in bucket. ps put about 2 - 3 inches of water anti-freeze mix in bucket wont freeze andhelps with smell.

/ Keep mice out of equipment #4  
I've had good luck w/WD40.

/ Keep mice out of equipment #5  
Any suggestions???
Thanks

I've heard that they don't infest an engine compartment if you leave it open. I don't know if that is true, but I wintered my L4200 in my barn for the first winter this year. As a superstitious move if nothing else, I left one of the engine side-panels off of my L4200, and it was mouse/rat-free all winter (and there are a zillion of those nasty things in my barn).

I also plan to build a 5-gallon bucket trap to kill as many as possible - they seem to work great.

JayC

/ Keep mice out of equipment #6  
Moth balls didn't work for me.
But chlorox bleach sprayed on the area works for me, both for mice coming back to nest in my tractor ----------as well as the raccoons that come on my deck to dump.

I put mouse poison out around my shop and tractor shed year around. A fresh packet every two weeks or so. Also, keep some traps baited and set with peanut butter for the strays that get past the poison bait. I essentially have little to no problem.

/ Keep mice out of equipment
I have tried some of these in the past, but will try them ALL together.
Thanks for your input.

Tom

/ Keep mice out of equipment #8  
Get a good mouser cat. Set him up with a nice place to sleep. Give him some food and water. Just make sure it is fixed if you get a female cat or you will have more kittens than mice...

/ Keep mice out of equipment
I would gladly put a cat in the barn, but I don't live there and am sometimes not there for several months.

/ Keep mice out of equipment #10  
Oh I didn't realize that Tomas.. Either the cat would get good at mousing or the mice would be feeding on the cat