Barn Door Hardware source?

/ Barn Door Hardware source? #1  

Jay4200

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211
I am going to dispose of the dilapidated front wall and swinging doors on my barn, and plan to replace them with a sliding door (shoveling out those doors all winter was a serious PITA). I am planning a 10' sliding door, and it can only slide in one direction, so I guess I need a 20' rail with some kind of rollers. Either that or two 5-6' doors that run on two rails on top of each other.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to get sliding barn door hardware, nor do I have any knowledge of what is available and/or commonly used. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks - JayC

/ Barn Door Hardware source? #2  
I am going to dispose of the dilapidated front wall and swinging doors on my barn, and plan to replace them with a sliding door (shoveling out those doors all winter was a serious PITA). I am planning a 10' sliding door, and it can only slide in one direction, so I guess I need a 20' rail with some kind of rollers. Either that or two 5-6' doors that run on two rails on top of each other.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to get sliding barn door hardware, nor do I have any knowledge of what is available and/or commonly used. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks - JayC

Jay,

Try TSC or an agricultural cooperative store in your area. Depending on your area, a building supply store may also carry the hardware. I don't have a TSC catalog in front of me, but I seem to recall that the catalog contains diagrams of typical installations that will help you in selecting the hardware you will need.

There are some specialty hardware firms that sell high-end barn door hardware, but I suspect that you wouldn't want to go that route if the barn is dilapidated.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Barn Door Hardware source? #3  
Steve's right TSC has a bunch of barn door hardware on display...

/ Barn Door Hardware source? #4  
Gemplers....but they're a little pricey.

Gemplers.com

/ Barn Door Hardware source? #5  
Just about any lumberyard will carry Stanley brand barn door track and hardware. Its pretty straight forward, simple and relatively inexpensive. Google Stanley Barn Door Hardware and you can start to figure out what you need.

/ Barn Door Hardware source?
Just about any lumberyard will carry Stanley brand barn door track and hardware. Its pretty straight forward, simple and relatively inexpensive. Google Stanley Barn Door Hardware and you can start to figure out what you need.

Thanks - I found exactly that at the local Ace Hardware store. They were expensive though. I did an internet search before I checked out the Ace store, and found somewhere that had all of the Stanley stuff at about 2/3 of the price at Ace or Tractor Supply. Naturally, I can't remember where it was, or find it again. Figures.

JayC