Stuck

/ Stuck #1  

Green Acres Homestead

Veteran Member
NewBrunswick & Nova Scotia www.lostcaper.com
Tractor
Kubota L4740 sold now have a new L2502 as off Jan 2023
Here in New Brunswick Canada, for the last 8 months there has been some form of precipitation at least 4 days a week. The ground is saturated but was surface dry enough to tempt an idiot like me to attempt to till with my brand new tiller. Down to the axles I went. The land owner was a great guy and we worked two hours to get the tractor out shoveling and putting rocks under the wheel.

I got flagged down on the way home. A guy wanted a little work done. Again his property was to wet so I gave up but not in time for the clutch spin on the tiller.

I see a brand bag wrapped in the tines. I hope that is the problem and not damage I did when I was stuck. still raining so I will have to check later.

Anybody have any experience with tillers getting stuck with brand bags?

/ Stuck #2  
Is the brand bag anything like the 'brand' new tiller? :confused3:

/ Stuck #5  
In cape Breton we call weaves bags for oats etc... bran bags. That is what the old timer use to call them at least in my neck of the woods.
It is possible that your 'bran bag' ( burlap sack for us southerners), could cause the clutch to slip. After you cut it all out of there, you'll find out soon enough.

Be sure to check the bearings on the ends of the shaft, the strings from the sack can get it there and really foul things up.

/ Stuck #6  
In cape Breton we call weaves bags for oats etc... bran bags. That is what the old timer use to call them at least in my neck of the woods.

Wow, never heard of a "brand" bag, or bran bag or weaves bag for that matter, Burlap sack, Burlap bag, Toe Sack Snipe bag, I have heard of...it is so funny what people call the same thing in different parts of the country, let alone in Canada:laughing: . If you dont believe it just ask for some gravel in different parts of the country, and see how many different names for the same thing there are!

James K0UA

/ Stuck #7  
Wow, never heard of a "brand" bag, or bran bag or weaves bag for that matter, Burlap sack, Burlap bag, Toe Sack Snipe bag, I have heard of...it is so funny what people call the same thing in different parts of the country, let alone in Canada:laughing: . If you dont believe it just ask for some gravel in different parts of the country, and see how many different names for the same thing there are!

James K0UA
I've never heard of that one.

All different types of 'bags' I guess..............

I was at the checkout counter with my wife one day..........the girl at the register says..........do you need a bag...........I said, no..........I have one beside me.

The bruises faded after a week or so.

/ Stuck #8  
I've never heard of that one.

All different types of 'bags' I guess..............

I was at the checkout counter with my wife one day..........the girl at the register says..........do you need a bag...........I said, no..........I have one beside me.

The bruises faded after a week or so.

Don, have you ever been on a Snipe hunt? (where you are left holding the bag?) or have you ever been in a sack race? (Toe Sack?).. Southern people have a name for everything. Most of them are pretty funny:laughing:

James K0UA

/ Stuck #9  
Don, have you ever been on a Snipe hunt? (where you are left holding the bag?) or have you ever been in a sack race? (Toe Sack?).. Southern people have a name for everything. Most of them are pretty funny:laughing:

James K0UA
The answer to both questions is no, but I think you missed my bruises..............but others said they were very noticeable :laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Stuck #10  
Gaproperty.
"That is what the old timer use to call them"

Who you calling "old timer".....just bustn on yer that's all;)