Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 383, Massey Ferguson 4243, John Deere 6430

Default John Deere 6430 Premium Cab "Problems"

I was wondering if anyone else out their that owns or operates a John Deere 6430 Premium Cab has had problems with it saying there is water in the fuel and countless other codes. The one we have was purchase in 2008 new and seems to have had problems since about 30 hours of use. It now has 1200 some odd hours on it and the dealer basically has no fix for it, besides to keep draining what it calls water; which is a very hard task and makes it hard to get anything accomplished.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 383, Massey Ferguson 4243, John Deere 6430

Well today I talked to the JD customer service rep for my division, after no luck with a fix from my dealer, so now we will just have to see if anything matures from this now. If any one has any suggestions or feed back on this please feel free to comment.

Tractor
    6330 / john deere

Default Re: John Deere 6430 Premium Cab "Problems"

well i though i was the only one who seen this problem i havea 6330 premium cab that had the same thing wrong with it replaced the high pressure pump and elerict fuel pump changed the fuel pump fuel temp sensor turbo sensor and still it keeps poping up change fuel filter every time it goes to john deere it works fine for about a day or two the comes back on the screen and they said if it does it again it might have a bad injector but i dont know they more less cant figure it out and its done this about 8 times already but john deere cant figure it out

Tractor
    John Deere 6430 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by wallymaster85 View Post
    well i though i was the only one who seen this problem i havea 6330 premium cab that had the same thing wrong with it replaced the high pressure pump and elerict fuel pump changed the fuel pump fuel temp sensor turbo sensor and still it keeps poping up change fuel filter every time it goes to john deere it works fine for about a day or two the comes back on the screen and they said if it does it again it might have a bad injector but i dont know they more less cant figure it out and its done this about 8 times already but john deere cant figure it out
    Hey guys how are you. I am currently having the same issues with my 2008 Deere 6430 premium. Changed filters code still appears after being cleared on my monitor. Drained tank cleaned it spotless. Replaced transfer pumped and all braided lines. Replaced all ss hard lines aswell to the new style of routing because John Deere discontinued the original Lines the machine came with. Another set of filters, and fresh tank of fuel from a different supplier and through in some diesel additive. Same problem occurs. Machine runs great for about an hour then filter code appears, machine power gets put into limp mode and I'm back in the garage. I arranged for John Deere to come out and diagnose the issue and this won't be the first time. Had the injectors replaced two years ago after jd came out to service the same type of issue. There are currently 3600 hrs on this machine. It's used everyday for 10 hrs to groom our towns beach with a barber surf rake. Anyone find any solutions???

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Yeah, get rid of that high priced overrated tractor. JD green isn't what it used to be.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    John Deere 6430 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    Yeah, get rid of that high priced overrated tractor. JD green isn't what it used to be.
    Thanks for the helpful sarcasm. But I don't own the tractor the township does. I just operate and repair the equipment when needed. So while waiting until next week for jd to come out I'm doing what I can to try to get it going.

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

It sounds like the sensor is too sensitive. JD may need to redesign.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    JD 7720; Kubota M135GX, NH TS115A; JD 6230; Kubota L5740

Have they changed the sensor? Have you had your fuel tested for water? I believe your Premium has a common rail fuel system - high injection pressures, super fuel atomization, but water molecules are larger and more abrasive than diesel fuel so they do everything possible to keep it out. The sensor should help you but it looks like yours have gone to the dark side and are fighting back. New sensor and a strongly worded, but civil, letter to the CEO of Deere. I'm not familiar with the current one but in general CEO's don't like letters from irate customers. Irate customers = non-repeat customers and they tell all their friends and enemies = more lost customers.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL5740

Tractor
    Deere 4710

Incidentally the 6430 is one of the more desirable models produced. The premium cab upgrade perhaps the industry's best offering at the time of release. It seems clear you have a computer problem not a mechanical one. Hopefully your local Deere service folks will be up to that challenge. Please advise if the city wants to dispose of the tractor.

Tractor
    1996 Kubota L4200 GSTC, 1994 JCB 210S 4x4x4

Most likely a "computer" issue. It happens in car computers often,
    where there are "recall's" to have them "re-programmed'.
    The sensitivity or threshold of the allowable limit most likely needs to be lowered.
    After enough complaint's, they'll do a recall. IMO.