Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot"

/ Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot" #1  

belah

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M4030SU 1992
Thanks to all the people who posted answers for me !!! Alas, tightening the Fan belt .... "didn't help." Tractor still running almost to the hot zone. So, i'm off to the parts store for the next logical thing, a Thermostat. I'll keep you po
sted as to what happens. Again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !!! belah :confused:

PS: The rough idling that I mentioned, as best as I can describe it, is while idling hot, the RPM's go down to 700 then up to 800 then back to 700 and then back to 800 and so forth.... Any ideas or do you think this is because the engine is hot ??

/ Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot" #2  
Get a new cap too

/ Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot"
HOLD THE PRESS !!!!! belah has found out the problem !! The parts store didn't have a thermostat in stock so I decided to regroup before ordering one. I came home and re-sprayed out my radiator fins with a water hose and nozzle and this time a whole bunch of gunk came out. Apparently, I had just loosened it the first time I washed it. I also rechecked the air filter, brought it into the house, and with my wife's objections, vaccumed it out with a very storng vaccum cleaner. It was pretty dirty and i'll be getting a new one soon. After reinstalling it, I bush hogged some of the biggest and baddest brush on my place. Some of it 3 in thick. (It was all that a Wood's 6ft heavy duty rotary cutter wanted) and before my eyes was the temp guage holding right on "NORMAL!!!!" Not a cm above normal but on NORMAL.
Also, the rough idling that I described above went away after the spraying and cleaning. I guess it was due to the engine building up so much heat. Now it idles smoothly at 800 RPM.
Again, a great big Louisiana THANK YOU to all my friends on TBN for your input to my problem. Yall are the greatest !!!!:thumbsup: PS: I hope this post will help someone with similar problems with their tractor.

/ Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot" #4  
Glad to hear you got it fixed. I was told when I bought my tractor to use compressed air only to clean the radiator etc as water can make mud and doesn't work well with other types of debris. It appears it worked for you though.

/ Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot" #5  
Wooohooo party at Belah's place now that the tractor's fixed! :thumbsup:

/ Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot" #6  
Try running with the hood open 2-3 inches so less junk comes from under the tractor.

/ Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot"
Wooohooo party at Belah's place now that the tractor's fixed! :thumbsup:

That's right Treemonkey. The party starts anytime now as i've already got "The Pig in the Ground and the Beer on Ice". So yall come on over anytime!!:thumbsup:

/ Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot" #8  
Good for you and thanks for posting how things turned out!!

/ Reply by belah to "Tractor almost running hot" #9  
Try some coil cleaner for air conditioners next time. I got mine at Lowe's, spray it down with it and it foams up, looks like shaving cream, then wash it out. You will be amazed at how much more dirt and trash will come out.