Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #21  
Typically from the left, sometimes from the right, almost never Indian style. Tried it once and hit my head on the ROPS:laughing:

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #22  
On the orange tractor always for the left because there is no step on the right side and the platform is ~3' above the ground. (The loader valve is mounted under the platform on the right, otherwise I would have made a step for there by now.)

On the blue tractor either side. Moreoften the left cause it is easier but if I am on the right side I don't walk around to get on.

Ed

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #23  
Typically from the left, sometimes from the right, almost never Indian style. Tried it once and hit my head on the ROPS:laughing:

You beat me too it, I could handle the ROPS, but not the rear glass.:laughing:

I mostly mount from the left, but prior to FEL tractors whichever side was closest.

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #24  
Most people will mount a tractor, horse, or motorcycle from the left side in North America for two main reasons.
One, most people are right handed and naturally lift their right leg first when climbing a ladder or stairs.
Two, North American cars are driven by entering the drivers seat from the left side of the vehicle.

Motorcycles lean to the left on a kickstand, making easier access from left side, tractors usually have more room on the left side floorboard, loader control, instrument clusters, cupholders, etc.

Some cabbed equipment only have a door access on the left side for this reason.

Is it possible to mount from the right, sure, but usually not practical and doesn't feel natural to most.

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #25  
From the left - "like with a horse" - 'cause that's how the fella that sold it to me said was the right and proper way. The one time I tried from the right I got my 14AAs all tangled up between the pedals and the FEL stick and almost fell off backwards. So I says to myself "I can read between the lines. You don't have to tell me every thing twice. That dealer knew something about tractors and horses".

Durn! When I was a younster my cowboy buddies always made fun of me for not knowing which side of a horse to mount. Most of the horses I was allowed to ride were to old and slow to care anyway. Now I find out there is a right and wrong on a tractor. Now I'll have to look to see if anyone is watching when I get on a tractor. I just always went for the easiest and closest.

I have discovered that, as I get older, all the horses seem to get younger and more high spirited.

-Jim

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #26  
For people who have lawn mowers with a side discharge, which side does it discharge on? Right or Left?

Wedge

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #27  
Whichever side suits the occasion. Left is a little easier becasue of the step, but the L3400 isn't so tall I can't get up easily from the right side.

I deliberately cut 5 inches off the loader joystick so I could get on and off easily from the right side.

I don't like only one escape route, either.

Sean

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #28  
Left mostly . Right sometimes ( loader joy stick on right ) simply because I am a small dude, and I can when needed .

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #29  
Left Right Left Right Left Right Left Right....You know the drill.:D

I load up from the Left.

When I load from the right I have to bend my shin bone in half, therefore, I don't.

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #30  
If I am walking up behind the tractor I always mount from the left...if I am walking towards the front of the tractor I always mount from the right:D:thumbsup: