Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #1  

moored4

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N
There was a concern on another thread expressed about blocking the mounting access from the right side and I was just wondering. :confused:

Which side do you mount your tractor from? Do you ever mount from the right side? If so When and Why? :cool:

I drive my 2 tractors and operate 3 more, 2 different fork trucks, also some heavy machinery and cranes! Mount them all from the right side! When I was shopping for me last tractor I can't remember seeing a step on the right side of any! :)

PS. I mount a bob-cat from the front! :laughing: and my horses from both sides! :D

Thanks for your imput in advance.:thumbsup:
:tractor:

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #2  
Left side only for me. After reading some discussions here a while ago, I decided not to get on and off the tractor past the loader control. One less thing to go wrong! :eek:

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #3  
Left side only for me. After reading some discussions here a while ago, I decided not to get on and off the tractor past the loader control. One less thing to go wrong! :eek:

Same here...it's just easier on the left side. To be honest, I lock out the loader control of it's not mounted. But I still get in on the left side.

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #4  
My 790 and 4400 Deeres both had steps on the left side...that's the side I normally mount.
There have been an occasion or two which I did mount the right side, but that's a pretty tall step up and the loader joystick is on the right.

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #5  
Left side....only because thats the way I was taught to mount a horse and thats how I mount my Harley......it just feels right.:D

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #6  
Left is right, right is wrong. :D
On my tractor I couldn't mount on the right side. The control and hoses for the FEL are the.
On my garden tractor/lawnmower the grass is discharged on the right. So for safety reason I mount on the left. My feet are short enough.

Wedge

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #7  
My experience with this issue is from the haying equipment which is offset to the right. By mounting up from the left, you stay out of potential danger from the mower tines (which may still be spinning down from operating speed), and from the baler (same concern). I understand the issue, have seen the consequences of the tractor and mower combo rolling down an incline and almost running down the neighbor, and deliberately head for the left side steps.

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #8  
Both, depending on the situation. Mostly left ... and "always" if wearing shorts.
larry

/ Mounting Tractor? RIGHT or LEFT #10  
my Kioti has steps on both sides. The steering column moves out of the way and theres as much room to exit on either side.

Mind you i usually use the left side, but i have also used the right. I like the options open