Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    N/A

Default Re: Cost of running a 45-65HP FEL 4WD Tractor?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyIan View Post
    That easy eh! There's a private sale tractor I'm interested in and there's a dealer pretty close by. I was thinking of borrowing their mechanic for a couple hours to come with me to look at it. Is this worthwhile? Probably depends alot on the mechanic I guess...

Maybe look at it first yourself. If it is something you are interested in, then get the mechanic. No sense possibly wasting his time and your money if your paying him and it is a turkey to start with.

Look it over for the obvious, abuse, leaks, drive it to see if everything works. If you like what you see, then get a pro if you are uncomfortable making a decision.

John Deere 4700 - FEL & Backhoe
    McCormick C80L - FEL
    Bolens G152

Tractor
    Many

Default Re: Cost of running a 45-65HP FEL 4WD Tractor?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyIan View Post
    That easy eh! There's a private sale tractor I'm interested in and there's a dealer pretty close by. I was thinking of borrowing their mechanic for a couple hours to come with me to look at it. Is this worthwhile? Probably depends alot on the mechanic I guess...
    Depends on the mechanic..... Some young trainee would probably over scrutinize a tractor as it's not the up to date stuff that he is PDI'ing and if your not too mechanically minded could steer you away from a good buy, on the other hand you could get the guy who knows his stuff. I worked at a dealership for many years ...they have mechanics that i would'nt want touching anything of mine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123