Kubota ? Quality

/ Kubota ? Quality #11  
Old wives tale !!! There are no more brand loyal people than John Deere owners. It's a good thing, but there are a few that take it a step too far. Among the top brands of tractors, all make quality equipment. Kubota is right up there...... I'm on my second Kubota and have never done anything but normal maintenance.

/ Kubota ? Quality #12  
I an convinced that if there were Kubota product lines plagued with mechanical problems they would appear all over the Kubota pages. I have not seen such evidence to support any negative hear say.

/ Kubota ? Quality #14  
I an convinced that if there were Kubota product lines plagued with mechanical problems they would appear all over the Kubota pages. I have not seen such evidence to support any negative hear say.

Maybe...10 years ago, TBN was primarily a Compact Tractor forum and started off as a Kubota forum (before my time).
I don't think too many farmers or other full sized UT owners were members, so failures and reliability problems wouldn't have been reported here.
Remember, those farmers run their tractor 8-12 hours a day...day after day. The majority of TBNers use their tractors a few hours a day a few time a month. This includes me, BTW.

So, teething problems when entering a new market (larger farm tractors) should not be surprising. And bad initial reputations last a long time for a group as conservative as farmers.

Comparing SCUTs and CUTs to full sized UTs is actually an apples to oranges comparison...don't you agree?

/ Kubota ? Quality #15  
We own/have owned Case, Ford, Massey Ferguson, John Deere and Kubota. Based on our experience the last three we bought were a BX2660, Grand L 5030 and M8540.

I consider Kubota to be the equal of John Deere and any other in these sizes though I would probably go with John Deere on anything bigger; not really sure. I certainly won't say Kubota is better than John Deere, but they are as good.

I live in farm country in a sea of green, but two more "neighbors" showed up on Kubotas over the winter and they use to own green. Another bought a new Deere and Deere. I think my nearest neighbor owns the only blue tractor in the county, but it has been a good machine.

I believe all the top sellers make good tractors and would not be concerned with reliability on any of them.

/ Kubota ? Quality #16  
The comment is obviously coming from an individual who does not know Kubota products and likes to pass things along that have not been verified. All manufacturers will have their naysayers and all will have issues of some kind. Also I am sure all have 'lemons' that come out of their manufacturing line. In general Kubota makes a very good product and that is why they are top in the SCUT/CUT marketplace. Deere has excellent tractors as well and there are other manufacturers that are good: MF, NH, Kioti, etc.

I would not concern myself with either the Kubota or Deere brand, I would be more concerned with what tractor suits me best and what dealer will work with me.

/ Kubota ? Quality #17  
On my second Kubota, the first I had for 8 years, and have almost a year now on my L3400HST, I cannot think of a single thing that broke or went wrong with either of them. The B7500DT I had was still on the original battery when I traded it in. Other than fluids, filters and grease, and a little paint on the parts that engage the ground.. thats it.

James K0UA

/ Kubota ? Quality #18  
Most Kubota tractors (until very recently) are utility tractors with under 100hp. If farmers are using row crop tractors 8-12 hrs a day every day, I can see where JD is the preferred tractor, especially when you need 125 hp or more and you are constantly pulling heavy, ground engaging implements. The JD tractors, with equivilent hp when compared to Kubota, are built heavier.

However, when you consider the under 100hp tractors, as long as tractor weight is not a major factor (such as pulling large chisel plows, etc all day, I believe Kubota tractors are just as good and maybe better than JD (and I have owned 2 JD's).

In fact, when I replace my 48hp JD with another tractor in the 65-85hp range, I very well may settle on a Kubota....

/ Kubota ? Quality #19  
On my second Kubota, the first I had for 8 years, and have almost a year now on my L3400HST, I cannot think of a single thing that broke or went wrong with either of them. The B7500DT I had was still on the original battery when I traded it in. Other than fluids, filters and grease, and a little paint on the parts that engage the ground.. thats it.

James K0UA

So what color did you paint the tires?:D :D