Kubota ? Quality

/ Kubota ? Quality #21  
kubotas are all we see around here under 60 hp but no M series on farms but some on snow removal outfits

a neigbour farmer does have 2 old M , a 7950 and a 8950, from the early to mid 1980s.
they both have close to 10,000 hrs with no issues. he also owns a 150 hp Case for the heavy tillage and such, theres no kubota for that kind of work.

/ Kubota ? Quality #22  
Our L3940 looks like a redheaded step child in our equipment shed of Red, except the JD X720, but you couldn't pry out from under my wife for anything. She's lived her entire life on a full-time farm, a 40 head Dairy until '03 and now she's owner operator of a 50 head cattle farm, same farm just different operation. I never thought she would consider anything but Red but after looking at about 5 brands of CUT's she decided on the Kubota. The features on the L series is years ahead of the others. We know several farms that use nothing but Kubota in the under 130hp range and I don't know of any of them having to borrow a tractor to get something done. I also know people that virtually bleed green and wouldn't buy anything else whether if something else was superior or not. After throwing out the idea of buying a CaseIH compact, mainly because of cost and the fact that in a line of 6 CaseIH tractors there were 4 different countries of origin. We recently had an independent tractor mechanic out to look at a problem with the IH 574 and I asked him about what he thought of Kubota and he said they're great tractors but when it comes to longevity he still looks at parts availability, he said basically he can about anything for a piece of JD equipment even if it's 50 years, about any parts but not all he said. She drove the JD 4320 and then she drove the L3940 and it didn't take long to see why we are seeing more and more Kubota's around here. Personally I would think long and hard about the new JD 1000 series, I don't know what the deal is as I haven't researched it but there has to be a very good reason why it hasn't been put on the dealer lots, at least there hasn't been any on the lots around here yet.

She's got about 175 hours on the Kubota and the only problem we've had is a factory problem with the glow plugs not working, they picked it up on a Friday, fixed it, and had it back on the following Monday, no charge for pickup or service, still under warranty, but pickup and delivery is not suppose to covered under warranty but this dealer has been selling Kubota since the 70's and is very customer friendly and they just expanded again. We have a Kubota dealer about 1/2 mile away but decided on a dealer 25 miles away because of his reputation.

70uulz.jpg

It was brand new in the photo.
2m2w0np.jpg

/ Kubota ? Quality #23  
Perpetuating 'the best tractor' story is great for business, but it's just a story. No Kioti owners are buying it..

/ Kubota ? Quality #24  
I've had three Kubota tractors, a BX23TLB, B3200TLB and now a new 2011 Grand L3540 which I believe I'll keep. All were great tractors and were trouble free and never had to go back to the shop for repairs. I did my own Lubes and PM's and was completely satisfied with Kubota. But saying that Kubota orange is my color, my neighbor who is a full time dairy farmer is mostly Red with a little blue, big Internationale's 1586, 1486, 1066, 966, 866, and blue TC75 or is it TD75? He runs them long hours and plants hundreds of acre's of corn, pulling huge no till's and big disks. I know they run real good for him because he's always using them and I have never seen a dealer pick one up for repair.
DevilDog

/ Kubota ? Quality
Thanks for all the feedback...pretty much what I expected to hear, but I wanted to make sure I'd covered all my bases. BX2360 is on it's way.

/ Kubota ? Quality #26  
Thanks for all the feedback...pretty much what I expected to hear, but I wanted to make sure I'd covered all my bases. BX2360 is on it's way.

Congratulations, I think you will really like it.

/ Kubota ? Quality #27  
Around here you don't see Deere tractors of any size, well maybe the ones you can buy at Lowes and HD. I know of one CUT that I've seen at a house and I can't remember seeing any working farm fields. I guess if that one CUt broke down and he had to borrow one it most likely would be a Kubota or a NH (since there's a good number of them around). I'm sure if someone was brand loyal they could go around saying the same thing but in reverse around here.

/ Kubota ? Quality #28  
It's amazing how powerful perception and reputation can be. In the UK the CUT and SCUT markets are tiny - basically golf courses and stately homes for mowing / maintenance, and then smallholdings or estates for more varied work and that's about it. As a result there simply was no market for many years, and even now they're relatively rare beasts compared to agri machines.

In the early days, the only Kubotas were all grey imports and had a shocking reputation, and the small end of the market was sown up by Ford / Iseki / Massey. Now the tables have turned and Kubota have about half the market, but whilst the dealers trumpet their capabilities, and estates still buy them for mowing, the farming and agri community (along with smallholders and estates) continue to despise them - hence why there are still massive numbers of Massey / JD / NH compacts (and they sell well, and are cheaper than Kubota too) which all have a sterling reputation.

The general opinion seems to be that if you want something that looks showy and pretty whilst tidying the verges around the 18th green, you go orange. If you need a workhorse to tackle anything heftier, do loading or backhoe work and so on, you get a "proper" CUT. I was talking to the engineer at my local agri place who services my Massey the other day, and he commented that he was so relieved I didn't get the Kubota I'd been looking at - he had 3 in the workshops at the time, all out of commission for lack of parts supply or bits that kept breaking - now that cannot be representative of the capabilities of Kubota, but it does say a lot about their general reputation around these parts, coupled to the incapbilities of Kubota UK themselves.

Also, it's notable that all the Kubota dealers are in towns / cities, whereas he Massey / NH / JD and so on are well out in the countryside - IE where the work is.

Reputations are dangerous things, and can be made or broken on the simplest of things.

/ Kubota ? Quality #29  
I find it interesting that there is metion of the kubotas in the M-series having troubles.

We didn't become a dealer for them till 86 but we did have an active dealer about 40 miles away who sold quite a few after he lost the red contract, and when he went out of business we gained some of his customers as well as several other dealers that picked up the line.

I've seen them with high hours and I've not seen them with more then normal wear and tear for a tractor that might be approching 10,000 hours. That means lights broken off cab interiors being rough and a clutch job here and there. They are used in the winter and start at ten below without block heaters and the fuel economy and over all performance has been good as we have gotten to take them in trade.

Knowing the industry I know that deere has had good parts and service for it's tractors and we look as a dealer to stay above what the local green dealers offer here. Being in the business a few years I also got to see that they were far from building lemons but they were quick to keep them up with extensive rebuilds or replacement models.

/ Kubota ? Quality #30  
I've owned a Kubota M series (a 4030 SU 2 wheel drive) since I bought it new in 1992 and i've never had any problems with it except it ran almost hot one time because the radiator fins were full of dirt. I sprayed it out and solved the problem. It is a quality tractor. I pull a heavy duty Wood's 6ft rotary cutter and it will cut anything that the tractor will push over so plenty of PTO power. Also, use it to turn a 357 New Holland 6000lb grinder/mixer(feed mill) and pull a 8 ft offset hydraluic disc all without any problem or lack of power. I pull an 8 ft wide subsoiler with ease. I've pulled whole, big trees with it during hurricane Katrina. I have a 50 acre farm.I have a Great Bend 360 FEL that also has worked great. All in all, this Kubota has been the Best tractor i've ever owned and if I had to buy a new tractor today, believe me it would be a Kubota.:thumbsup: