3-Point Hitch Replacing hitch pins with bolts

/ Replacing hitch pins with bolts #21  
Some of them snap open so hard that they'll bite you then too.

/ Replacing hitch pins with bolts #22  
I keep all my pins locked with small sized plastic ties. It's worked fine so far even when hogging blackberries along a ditch through my place. The first time I go cut that stuff each season I back the brushhog down into the berries until I can't see it and the thorns are at my back so it'll pull out the cuttings, Haven't lost a pin since tying them all closed.

/ Replacing hitch pins with bolts #23  
I used to lose linchpins from my bucket pivot pins. Then I inserted them from bottom up and never lost them again. Don't know why they stay in though.

/ Replacing hitch pins with bolts #24  
Growing up, my Dad made it sound like those pins were $20 each. If we lost one we were in deep *****. He even put short chains on them so we couldn't set them on something and drive off.
Now I just carry a spare, because whenever I have a spare anything, the original never gives a problem. :)

/ Replacing hitch pins with bolts #25  
Now I just carry a spare, because whenever I have a spare anything, the original never gives a problem. :)

We should all note this proper application of Murphy's Laws.

The one I can't seem to avoid is Murphy's Seventh Law:

Whatever you are setting out to do, you will have to do something else first.

/ Replacing hitch pins with bolts #26  
I keep all my pins locked with small sized plastic ties. It's worked fine so far even when hogging blackberries along a ditch through my place. The first time I go cut that stuff each season I back the brushhog down into the berries until I can't see it and the thorns are at my back so it'll pull out the cuttings, Haven't lost a pin since tying them all closed.
:thumbsup:x2

/ Replacing hitch pins with bolts #27  
A bit off topic, but here is the photo that you may be referring to.

The washer on the right has a black, heavy duty lynch pin. They are strong.

Just using a bolt through the two washers might work.

Using a nut instead of one of the washers would also work. It would seem to be a bit rigid. I'd use a nut on one side and a washer on the other if that was the choice.

If you weld the nut to the bolt's thread then it would be permanent - until the O/A torch is used.

Thanks for that suggestion!!!! :thumbsup: