Wish I wouldn't of woken up today.

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today. #1  

Bradlyk

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 3930, Ford 6600, Agco Aliss 5670, Deutz D10006, Deutz D10006A
Well today was a rainy day and we decided that it would make a good day to tune up our machinery to finish cultivating and seeding.

So my boss told me to get get the D10006 with the Knight Spreader on it.

So I went to get it when I got on it I noticed that she was parked on a jackknife angle.

I started her up then the tractor was shaking around.

So i was looking for the problem and the first thing I thought of maybe the PTO is on so I quickly put the pto clutch in and she was still shaking but now the front end of my tractor was lifting up.

So I shut down the Tractor and it stopped so I started her up again and looked back while she was cranking and noticed that the 3PT hitch was caught underneath the Pto and was lifting up the spreader. :mad::mad::mad:

I was yelling out some spicy words I tell you.

Pto was bent to beat the S$!t out of

The reason why the 3PT Hitch was down is beacause after a few hours of being shut off the 3pt Hitch sags down to the ground .

That is why I wish I never woke up today.

Ps. We have almost 300 acres planted now so thats good

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today. #2  
Sorry for the bad luck. I've felt the same way for about 3 weeks..... tenants having an unusual number of issues, can't stay ahead of things at home, wife's been REALLY sick, kids are trying to finish out the school year and don't even get me started about work.I'm about to take some people to task...which isn't good....the old " standards of conduct" will get you fired now days. What happened to men being able to settle their differences? Then you look around and say Lord, how can I complain....coworkers flooded out of their homes, my best friend just lost his wife.....I'm truly blessed. Sometimes you just gotta try to step back and take some deep breathes and realize you can't sweat the "little" things. I hope your day gets better....you actually made mine better by sharing your issues and letting me vent a little. Thank You!

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today. #3  
Ya could have woke up in the Mississippi Valley. :(

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today. #4  
Look on the bright side, you woke up today. Better than the alternative.
Take a slow walk, find a flower, take a sniff. We all have days like this.
Tomorrow is a new day.

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today.
Thank you Kernopelli for lifting my spirits

You too Retiredmgm you guys cheered me up a bit

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today. #6  
One of the many reasons I no longer farm as it was always something breaking down. I see what farmers have to go through every day and the money they have to spend compared to their return and my hat is off to them.

I spent some time talking to one of the family members who rent our land the other day. He is in his eighties, still gets out and does what he can though his son is pretty much taking over much of it. His wife has been diagnosed with cancer and has been unable to get out of the house for a while. He has been in and out of the hospital several times this year himself and he just keeps going.

Farmers are as a rule a tough bunch and my hat is off to all of you who do this for a living.:thumbsup:

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today. #7  
Amen to that! 50 or 60 years ago, if a fella was smart, he could make a good life for his family on a 100 - 200 acre dairy farm. Today, it seems to require 1,000 acres, at least a half mil of equipment, computers, and more, just to stay in the game. And the risks are even more than before. Not for the faint of heart.

Thanks to all of you who farm.

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today. #8  
My Brother retired from farming this year. He retired because he couldn't risk his retirement fund to put in another crop. If the crop failed, he would be too old to recoup the losses. So he gave it up. This Spring he is helping his Son In Law put in his crops and working for a local elevator applying Anhydrous. Not the same as putting in his own crop. But no risk.

God Bless all farmers. Our health and welfare depend on them.

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today. #9  
My wife retired from USDA and if you don't farm, you really can't appreciate the debt load these guys have to carry.

My brother and I got back in to farming in the 70's while I was in college. The last year, due to drought then storm damage, we broke even after driving a tractor all night and going to school or work during the day. We had bought the tractor and equipment used, so we were able to recoup those costs.

We now rent all of our row crop land out and make a few bucks; loved farming, but the gamble just isn't worth it.

/ Wish I wouldn't of woken up today. #10  
We now rent all of our row crop land out and make a few bucks; loved farming, but the gamble just isn't worth it.

I too have been around farming all my life. The cash rent farmers are paying today is enough to leave me sleepless. This year we rented our family farm out because my brother was no longer farming it. My Mother lives off the revenue. She was a little worried about what would happen since Kenny wasn't farming anymore. I told her she has no worries now because farmers are standing in line to rent it. Again, I greatly appreciate our farmers but I couldn't do it.