Tires Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply

/ Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply #1  

BimmerPower

Tractor
1976 Case 380/885
I just blew out a front tire and am looking for a replacement ASAP. I went into tractor supply and they happen to have a Superstrong tire in the 7.5x16 size that I need. Has anyone had experience with them? They are tri ribbed 6ply and would be used on a tractor with a front end loader. What do you all think?

Super Strong Front Tractor Tire, 7.50-16/6 - 0306155 | Tractor Supply Company

/ Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply #2  
I just blew out a front tire and am looking for a replacement ASAP. I went into tractor supply and they happen to have a Superstrong tire in the 7.5x16 size that I need. Has anyone had experience with them? They are tri ribbed 6ply and would be used on a tractor with a front end loader. What do you all think?

Super Strong Front Tractor Tire, 7.50-16/6 - 0306155 | Tractor Supply Company

I'm looking for a set for my dad's tractor, same size. The one's from TSC look like a nice tire from the picture, but 340 lb max weight limit for a 6 ply. The spec's for the tire have to be wrong. you'll have to look at a tire in the store and see what weight rating is stamped on the tire.

/ Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply
I'm looking for a set for my dad's tractor, same size. The one's from TSC look like a nice tire from the picture, but 340 lb max weight limit for a 6 ply. The spec's for the tire have to be wrong. you'll have to look at a tire in the store and see what weight rating is stamped on the tire.

That is exactly why I posted. They rate the tire at 1,580 or so give or take (stamped on the sidewall) if I can recall. They should be able to hold fine with a loader, no? If I change the tire, would I be needing a tube?

/ Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply #4  
Careful. I don't know what kind of tractor you have, but my Mahindra 4025 and comparable models in the 35-45HP range have 8 ply 6X16 front tires. Max load @ 65 psi is 1488 lbs. Get good tires, put a quart of slime in them; you're going to be depending on them for a long time.

Last edited:
   / Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply #5  
Just remember to consider the rolling radius and front/rear tire ratios if your tractor is 4WD.

/ Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply #6  
I don't guess I've seen a 4wd run 3 rib fronts...I'd guess it would defeat the purpose somewhat...and if it's the same size he took off.

Good advice in general, but doesn't really help this fellow out.

To the OP: We haven't had the best of luck in long term use of a 3 rib tire on a loader tractor. All that weight on that center rib has tended to cause them to seperate there. When we have a tractor that uses that size, we usually swap the tires out to a 235/85/16, 245/75/16 or a 7.50/16 pickup tire. They tend to have a higher load capacity than a tractor tire, and spread the load across a flatter tread surface. Can usually get "takeoffs" from a tire shop for less than $50/tire. Only down side is that if you put a radial on, they can bounce a little more than a heavy bias tire. The biggest place where this has been a problem for us is on our dozer blade tractor that we push snow with in the winter...we'll push out 2mi of road when it blows closed with a 150hp JD, and at 10mph, they get to bouncing up and down too much, you either gouge the road, or leave too much snow.

/ Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply
Tractor is not 4wd. It is a Case 380. I have never thought about using truck tires. Is this a common practice? Seems like a cheap solution.

/ Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply #8  
In my part of the world it is...they're cheaper, if you look hard you can find 10ply used tires cheap that resist flats somewhat better than a 6ply tractor tire. In the hayfield they won't gouge as bad(more like turf tire) when you turn short vs. a 3 rib. They seem to handle loader work better, and tend to have a higher load capacity. At that point, you're going to be more limited by the load capacity of the rim more than that of the tire.

Most of the larger loader tractors around here run a wider front, something like a 10.00/15, or 10 or 11.00/16 multi rib that hold up better, but those get quite a bit more expensive than a used pickup tire.

My loader tractor right now is running a pair of semi-straight tread trailer tires. We had issues with a couple seperating on the flatbed gooseneck they came on, so put something else on there, and use them for less critical applications--like a tractor front. Those work real nice.

/ Superstrong tires from Tractor Supply #9  
Tractor is not 4wd. It is a Case 380. I have never thought about using truck tires. Is this a common practice? Seems like a cheap solution.

Ive got Load range E truck tires on my loader tractor and they work great. Cheap used ones. Good traction in the snow too. Ive had 2500 lbs in my loader with no problems.