Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I figured it out

<font color=blue>if FOPS is just a hard hat (HH) or something more permanently attached (to CUT, not my head)</font color=blue>

[img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]Either one ought to qualify.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img] But as a "tractor" term, I think it's usually a 4 post supported canopy.

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

FOPS= Falling Object Protection System

Tractor
    99 JD4200 4WD Collarshift

No offense taken. I knew you were joking and maybe my joke back was too dry. I apologize as well if that wasn't clear.

I'm still trying to figure out how "Boomer" relates to New Holland. Do they explode or something?

****, I ain't bashful ! I asked!! I work in Aconym **** (telecom) any man in his right mind shouldn't be required to know em all

Oldcrusty, Worked in telecom since 73, I REALLY know what you mean. I believe it is worse than the military. On the boomers thing, not sure I would want to own one called that

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3130

Always keep a FAD handy.

Friggen Acronym Detector

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710 GST

<font color=blue>Do they explode or something? </font color=blue>

heck no .... a boomer is what they call a chain tightener back in Western Canada ... so I assumed they called the CUT a "Boomer" since they tightened the chain enough to make it turn blue ... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

<font color=blue>"I'm still trying to figure out how "Boomer" relates to New Holland. Do they explode or something?"</font color=blue>

Well, since New Holland used to be Ford... and Ford made the Pinto... and Pintos would explode when hit in the rear... maybe that's the connection...

Seriously, I have no idea. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>I'm still trying to figure out how "Boomer" relates to New Holland.<font color=blue>

<font color=black>I always thought it was a marketing idea to attract the Baby<font color=black><font color=blue> Boomer <font color=blue><font color=black> Generation.<font color=black>[img]/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast