Moved my old hot tub

/ Moved my old hot tub #1  

Mousefield

Elite Member
Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
Tractor
Sold 2008 CK35 HST
After 17 years the pump died on my hot tub, not that I had been using it that much the past couple of years. The wood skirting and base was getting pretty rotten and the fiberglass had developed a crack near the top lid area. Most of the controls didn't work any more, rust and corrosion had taken its toll. The hot tub was under a lean to roof attached to the house with a 4 ft square skylight in the middle. Wife thought it would be a great place for a table, seeing as it has a nice exposed aggregate concrete floor. So manage to get the hot tub out to were I could move it with the tractor. Put a chain around it and moved it about 600 feet to its finally resting place. The tractor sure has come in handy but when I got it almost 3 years ago didn't think I'd use it to move my hot tub. :laughing:

Attachments

• Hottub 001.jpg
    Hottub 001.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 559
  • Hottub 004.jpg
    Hottub 004.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 2,243
  • Hottub 006.jpg
    Hottub 006.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 1,018
Last edited:
   / Moved my old hot tub #2  
theres always new uses for the fel.

/ Moved my old hot tub #8  
Thing that I've learned since owning a tractor - it's amazing how useful they are both around the house as well as in the neighbourhood.

In fact, neighbours become increasingly aware that you and your tractor are generally available. That to me is a good thing.

Now moving a hot tub hasn't been on my list, but hey, if it makes momma happy and you get seat time, then the tractor is justified once again. :D

/ Moved my old hot tub #9  
No just add Gold fish! All of our tanks have G fish in them. I bye the cheap feeder fish in spring and some last all the way thru winter freez, some are 5 or 6 years old!

I wonder if that trick works with old tires. Do you use salted, cheddar, Parmesan, or pretzel Goldfish? :licking: Couldn't resist.